Awesome work!

Tj1376

Thanks for letting me try the JF-17 free of charge. Your free trial swayed my opinion of your product and I ended up buying it! I didnt think I was going to like it because the cockpit doesnt feel 'sexy' to me, so I held off on the purchase. Letting me try it via the free trial proved that I can get over the ugliness of the cockpit, because SO MUCH of this plane is right and SO MUCH fun!

Thank you for having an early access product that is truly early access - its 95% of the way done and we are just finding and tweaking the minor things before it comes out of EA and into release. You guys have done this right and you have done a great job.

Thank you for your work!

TJ

I'm sorry but did you just refer to Jeff and use the word ugly in the same sentence?

1) cockpit is wip. focus seems to be on making the systems work well

2) are you incapable of appreciating that you have an aircraft being run by just 3 Huawei tablets as opposed to 10,000 guages and dials and steam?

I'm sorry but did you just refer to Jeff and use the word ugly in the same sentence?

2) are you incapable of appreciating that you have an aircraft being run by just 3 Huawei tablets as opposed to 10,000 guages and dials and steam?

I agree. Jeff has advance systems and thats what make it fun to fly.

it IS ugly - just like the a10c! :)

And for 2, yes, I grew up flying airplane on steam gauges. I still too this day shock the flight instructor who does my BFR as I show up with paper maps and a physical E6b. I am just not a magenta line fan!

TJ

I have to admit, I'm also thankful for the Free Trial... I was so tired of ED breaking my heart with Early Access modules. But this A/C is amazing especially in VR

TRUTH man. This aircraft restored my faith in Early Access. I may never buy another EA product from ED, no matter how much they discount it.

TJ

Tbh if I was in Ed's place I would have done the exact same thing. Release half-baked products and let thousands of real-life users do QA for them. Don't forget, these modules are incredibly complex. The possible combinations of program states are unimaginable. I believe iirc DCS is around 5 million lines of code by now. It's practically impossible to test and fix everything within a limited time frame. And retest everything after the slightest modifications.

I honestly can't imagine how deka made the Jeff so complete in early access. If they had help from ED or if they managed to bring over pre-built components from a jeff simulator. It's amazing.

However, one may also see deka these days working hard to squash bugs. For every bug they remove there's a new one to take its place every open beta. At least that's my impression since I've joined this forum. The bugs keep on coming.