Possible to disable mouse cursor on head movement?

Kiptanoi

Hi

I wonder if its possible to disable the mouse cursor to move around when I move my head in the VR headset, and only work when I use the mouse?

This is how it work now with my settings

Settings in the VR tab: Use mouse is checked

And now if I move the mouse, the cursor is showing up on screen, and if I now move my head around, the cursor is moving to...... Is there a way to disable that thing?

So the cursor is only moving when I move the mouse, and not move at all when I move my head around.

Well, my mouse cursor disappears when not using a mouse. So when I move my head, mouse cursor is still hidden until I move my mouse. I don't know is there any specific setting for that..

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I believe what he is asking is whether is possible to keep the pointer at the same position if you move your head but not your mouse. If you are pointing a switch and you move your head, you need to "correct" pointer location moving the mouse, when in other sims the pointer does not move.

Some time ago I wondered the same, and the answer was not right now :(

• 3 weeks later...

I disable mouse in the VR tab under options so the cursor tracks to my head movement and reach for a gamepad with my left hand so I can keep my hand on the flight stick. Hardly a brilliant solution BUT the gamepad buttons do allow me to bind even more controls that aren't critical but were also not bound to my HOTAS.

Under controls in the UI Layer, I've bound left D pad to LMB & right D pad as RMB. Toggle VR zoom is left shoulder button (L1/LB), this is deceiving as it's not actually a toggle you must keep the button pressed down to zoom. So I had to choose a button I could depress and still use the D pad easily.

If trying to adjust a knob in the cockpit for say brightness of the HUD, you hold down the left dpad button and tilt your head to adjust the dial.

I do own the Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS (with rudder pedals). It is possible for me to use the Target software to get the paddles on the throttle to work as button inputs. It's a faff as the paddles are really meant to be used for the rudder, so they're seen as an axis. Using them as button inputs has a knock on effect to the other buttons on the HOTAS though, when it becomes a virtual controller. I'll link a video where a guy shows how to do this and at the end what to do about those other buttons for those interested.

If I could be bothered with all that faff, ideally I'd have the paddles really work as a toggle for VR zoom as shown in the video. Reach for the gamepad and press the dpad or whatever buttons I need OR just use the paddles as left and right mouse clicks

Edited by Honosuseri

It would be to luxurious to have such QOL improvement in 2020. We need exascale PCs to have that amazing feature implemeneted

I don't really understand all the fuss about mouse controls. The VR controller works to toggle the buttons and switches in the cockpit, it's no better or worse than reaching for a mouse. Palm up is right click, palm down is left click, the line from the finger changes colour to tell you what action will be performed.

I only use a gamepad as it gives me more buttons I can bind, It's like a "poor man's button box".

I don't really understand all the fuss about mouse controls. The VR controller works to toggle the buttons and switches in the cockpit, it's no better or worse than reaching for a mouse. Palm up is right click, palm down is left click, the line from the finger changes colour to tell you what action will be performed.

I only use a gamepad as it gives me more buttons I can bind, It's like a "poor man's button box".

I am happy for you.

I prefer a mouse.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I am happy for you.

I prefer a mouse.

I am happy for you too. Makes no odds to me what controls people use as long as they are enjoying the experience.

The OP like many others obviously isn't happy with how the mouse controls work in the cockpit. So I've suggested some alternatives they can try by embracing the head tracking. I'm not holding my breath that the mouse and head tracking issue will be resolved any time soon

I take my hands on throttle and stick, with the mouse left to the stick; are you use an hotas too? If so, how to arrange the controller so that it does not create problems with the hotas?

Sorry for my english

I am happy for you too. Makes no odds to me what controls people use as long as they are enjoying the experience.

The OP like many others obviously isn't happy with how the mouse controls work in the cockpit. So I've suggested some alternatives they can try by embracing the head tracking. I'm not holding my breath that the mouse and head tracking issue will be resolved any time soon

As you said, it is not a brilliant solution because this defeats the purpose of clickable cockpit. It'd be no different than SU-25T.

It still is a good tip however. I might maps some keys to the Vive controllers. Thanks.