First experience with DCS(This game is dope!)

Tiger4-2

So Ive been watching YouTube and waiting for a couple of years to build my PC and finally get into DCS, and I pulled the trigger a few days ago and bruh.

For starters, I'm a world war ii aviation fanatic, so I decided to do it right. I got p3d and started in the N2S stearman bi-plane, then found all of the old training manuals and went to work. I learned everything from meteorology to navigation to aerobatics, then when I mastered the stearman I grabbed the A2A T-6 Texan and stepped it up. My goal was to keep practicing until the Corsair came out, but being as thats taking forever, I decided to LARP as an RAF Eagle Squadron Spit pilot and holy God is this airplane amazing.

First of all let me say that coming from P3D, the flight model is in a whole other dimension. All of those things you learn in primary and basic flight training like: compensating for torque, opposite aileron in turns to counter overbank, differential braking etc, all matters here but it's ratcheted up to a thousand. I thought I was a good pilot and the Spitfire ate my lunch and beat me until I respected it. Don't wanna watch your rudder input on takeoff? Nose in a tree before you leave the ground. Don't wanna watch your rudder on landing? Wing scrape. Push the engine too hard? No more engine. I've never been more humbled in my life.

Well today after countless landings, takeoffs and the like, I studied a couple of basic fighter maneuvers and took off to defend Portsmouth from the hun. We got airborne unscathed(thank God) I climed to 6 thousand and away we went. I spent an hour chasing 109s trying to get one, I stupidly tried to follow one upstairs but luckily for me he ran out of energy at the same time as me, so as he broke right I gave it a little right rudder at the top of the stall and opened up on him. I got a solid burst and he lost an aileron, but we got mixed up in a fireball and I lost him. The mates cleaned up the rest of the 109s and the last I saw was the wounded German I hit limping off towards France.

Well by then I was shot to hell so I pulled the throttle back to cruise and checked my gauges while turning towards land. Right as I press the button to check my fuel the Merlin sputters. I was out of gas.

Months of training kicked in. Fuel cut off, check, mixture idle cutoff and booster pump off. Get it in the glide slope and pick a field. Canopy open, flaps down, maintaining 150 mph. Overshot the field but there's one behind it, not gonna make it there's trees, flair for 3 point landing on trees, impact. The wing is torn off and we turn 180° but the spit slows to a stop. My tail is 50 yards behind me but I'm not on fire, so I bail out and take a look. My plane is a crunchy mess of bullet holes and torn metal but I'm alive.

Flying Officer Carter is finally a full fledged fighter pilot. Sorry for wrecking your plane UK taxpayers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Great history man! And welcome to the chad warbirds crew. DCS has fantastic flight models and all the WWII stuff is really coming together so I think it is a great time to start. Servers like Storm of War, LFDM, Blur Flag Normandy, Burning Skies, etc. are always there with challenges to take on. Hop on them, use SRS, and enjoy.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria