How is Taiwan not a faction yet?

carss

I was looking at different factions and thinking of different scenarios one could make using various factions for the upcoming Marianas island map. I found out that Taiwan wasn't in the list of factions.

Can this please be added sometime soon? Thank you! :thumbup:

enT2K0-fyGxmEVYQlKHg4cSq9SxrIVTt3kX39LFUeOzWADhIR1DA8L0COJNlKkOwS2-NiUwudLN6q-JBgq0JYl2BXAA

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I was looking at different factions and thinking of different scenarios one could make using various factions for the upcoming Marianas island map. I found out that Taiwan wasn't in the list of factions.

Can this please be added sometime soon? Thank you! :thumbup:

enT2K0-fyGxmEVYQlKHg4cSq9SxrIVTt3kX39LFUeOzWADhIR1DA8L0COJNlKkOwS2-NiUwudLN6q-JBgq0JYl2BXAA

It would be great for realism.

Plus Taïwan got F86, and now still gets F5 , F16 and Mirage2000.

Before someone starts arguing if Taiwan (or rather The Republic of China) is actually a country, let me just say this: We have Abkhazia and South Ossetia as factions in DCS, so whatever the answer to this question is, it shouldn't really matter.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I thought Taiwan was part of Mainland China, right. :music_whistling:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I believe I have seen an ROC skin for the F-5 at least previously.

Yeah, there is a skin for the F-5 and also the Mirage, but not faction to go with them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

If Eagle Dynamics want to sell its products to chinese customers, they probably don't want to upset the authorities and "recognize" Taiwan as an independent faction. Much bigger companies are forced to bend their own policies to please the Party.

I'm all about a Taiwanese faction,I even made some time ago a plea for a Strait of Taiwan map but I highly doubt we can get those.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I doubt an island is part of the mainland, no matter the political stance.

It's an island with a different name and different government, and declared as a separate country

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Eagle Dynamics want to sell its products to chinese customers, they probably don't want to upset the authorities and "recognize" Taiwan as an independent faction. Much bigger companies are forced to bend their own policies to please the Party.

I'm all about a Taiwanese faction,I even made some time ago a plea for a Strait of Taiwan map but I highly doubt we can get those.

I in fact see the map being a highly likely thing. And it's very possible it can happen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They already have Taiwanese skins so idk why not a simple faction

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you look in the /Data directory of your DCS installation you'll find a file called " censor.lua " which is full of Chinese characters and English words and phrases that are unpopular with the Chinese Communist Party or refer to URL's they don't like.

I think that probably should tell you how likely it is that you'll get a Taiwan faction...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I in fact see the map being a highly likely thing. And it's very possible it can happen

If you look in the /Data directory of your DCS installation you'll find a file called " censor.lua " which is full of Chinese characters and English words and phrases that are unpopular with the Chinese Communist Party or refer to URL's they don't like.

I think that probably should tell you how likely it is that you'll get a Taiwan faction...

One can hope. That could be one of the most interesting theater in DCS in m opinion.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Wow it's not just a few phrases like "Tiananmen square", though of course that is in the list.

There are over 21,000 entries!

I know they want the chinese money, but I'm kind of disappointed that ED would do this.

• Like 1

I know they want the chinese money, but I'm kind of disappointed that ED would do this.

All software companies who do business in China do that.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ME the lists are 3 custom modern or WWII.

the list of modern nations is missing:

afghanistan------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albania

angola

Argentine---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armenia

Azerbaijan

bahamas

bangladesh

barbados

belize

benin

bhutan

Bolivia

Bosnia and Herzegovina

botswana

Brunei

Burkina Faso

burundi

Cambodia

Cameroon

Cape Verde

Central African Rep

Chad

Taiwan (Republic of China Air Force)---------------------------------------------------

Cyprus

Colombia

Comore

Republic of the Congo

Congo DR

Ivory Coast

Costa Rica

Dominican Rep

ecuador

El Salvador

eritrea

Estonia

Fiji

Gabon

Gambia

Ghana

Jamaica

Djibouti

Guatemala

Guinea

Equatorial Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

Haiti

Honduras

Iceland

kenya

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

North Macedonia

Madagascar

malawi

mali

Malta

mauritania

mauritius

Moldova

Mongolia

montenegro

Mozambique

Myanmar (Burma)

Namibia

Nepal

Nicaragua

Niger

Nigeria

New Zeland

Panama

Papua New Guinea

paraguay

Peru--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portugal----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rwanda

Senegal

seychelles

Sierra Leone

Singapore

slovenia---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somalia

Sri Lanka

suriname

swaziland

Tajikistan--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanzania

togo

Trinidad and Tobago

turkmenistan

Uganda

Uruguay

Uzbekistan------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zambia

(formerly Northern Rhodesia)

Zimbabwe

(formerly Southern Rhodesia

Edited by Xilon_x
  • Like 1

Saying Taiwan is part of China is like saying Japan is a part of Korea.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

ME the lists are 3 custom modern or WWII.

the list of modern nations is missing:

afghanistan------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albania

angola

Argentine---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armenia

Azerbaijan

bahamas

bangladesh

barbados

belize

benin

bhutan

Bolivia

Bosnia and Herzegovina

botswana

Brunei

Burkina Faso

burundi

Cambodia

Cameroon

Cape Verde

Central African Rep

Chad

Taiwan (Republic of China Air Force)---------------------------------------------------

Cyprus

Colombia

Comore

Republic of the Congo

Congo DR

Ivory Coast

Costa Rica

Dominican Rep

ecuador

El Salvador

eritrea

Estonia

Fiji

Gabon

Gambia

Ghana

Jamaica

Djibouti

Guatemala

Guinea

Equatorial Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

Haiti

Honduras

Iceland

kenya

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

North Macedonia

Madagascar

malawi

mali

Malta

mauritania

mauritius

Moldova

Mongolia

montenegro

Mozambique

Myanmar (Burma)

Namibia

Nepal

Nicaragua

Niger

Nigeria

New Zeland

Panama

Papua New Guinea

paraguay

Peru--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portugal----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rwanda

Senegal

seychelles

Sierra Leone

Singapore

slovenia---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somalia

Sri Lanka

suriname

swaziland

Tajikistan--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanzania

togo

Trinidad and Tobago

turkmenistan

Uganda

Uruguay

Uzbekistan------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zambia

(formerly Northern Rhodesia)

Zimbabwe

(formerly Southern Rhodesia

Argentina would certainly make it into the game soon with the Falklands Island map coming from Razbam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saying Taiwan is part of China is like saying Japan is a part of Korea.

Even in China, among the consequences of the Second World War, there was the rift in the country. In fact, the Kuomintang nationalists, led by the "generalissimo" Chiang Kai-shek, perched on the island of Formosa to found the Republic of China in 1949, which today has about 23 million inhabitants, and is also known as Taiwan.

yes the name of the TAIWAN Air Force is that:The Republic of China Air Force (ROCAF; Chinese: 中華民國空軍; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Mínguó Kōngjūn,) is the military aviation branch of the Republic of China Armed Forces. The ROCAF's primary mission is the defense of the airspace over and around Taiwan.

I meant in the fact that they are island nations off the coast of the continent. I know who the Kuomintang represent.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

There are only a few countries in the world that recognise Taiwan:

Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Solomon Island, Tuvalu, Vatican City

So it seems that for most countries (including Russia) Taiwan isn't officially a Nation.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2