Old chap return to DCS ;)......Ross.....

Hi all, after about 10 years I think the time is right to come back to DCS. My history on DCS:

I started in lockon as 169th_Ross, and I flew a couple of years with this great virtual sqn with 169th_Ice as CO.

I was betatester on the Ka-50 and the A10C. (so some years ago :music_whistling:)

After the squadron was disbanded I joined the 104th_Phoenix sqn, also a great bunch of professional guys, ....104th_Mustang, 104th_Polecat,..., 104th_Manawar,.....

So right now I think it's time to join again this amazing flight simulator,.. but I will only fly VR.

A second thing, I need to configure a new rig, and the only thing I have is the flight stick thrust master cougar, a case, power supply, pc screen, keyboard, and mousse.... so I need to check for all other stuff. I would like flying with the cougar flight stick because I will only fly the F-16, as I'm a A2A photographer for the Belgian Air Force and can sometimes take the real stick in real flight, ...would be great to use same stick in VR.

If some of you guys are interest in my job check my IG as ross_impress. (this is no publicity for me :smilewink:)

So I hope I can join soon again in the DCS world environment.

I don't need the 'top' system but it should run smooth with enough fps.

All help is welcome ;)

Best regards,

Ross...

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

Since you're going VR only, a top system will not cut it (yet).

So get stuff as performant as you can afford (what you have currently in your signature will NOT do the job).

VR is demanding.... no...make that super demanding!!

Go here for startup.

Edited by Lange_666
Added VR forum link

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I'm in the same boat.

Hi all, after about 10 years I think the time is right to come back to DCS. My history on DCS:

I started in lockon as 169th_Ross, and I flew a couple of years with this great virtual sqn with 169th_Ice as CO.

I was betatester on the Ka-50 and the A10C. (so some years ago :music_whistling:)

After the squadron was disbanded I joined the 104th_Phoenix sqn, also a great bunch of professional guys, ....104th_Mustang, 104th_Polecat,..., 104th_Manawar,.....

So right now I think it's time to join again this amazing flight simulator,.. but I will only fly VR.

A second thing, I need to configure a new rig, and the only thing I have is the flight stick thrust master cougar, a case, power supply, pc screen, keyboard, and mousse.... so I need to check for all other stuff. I would like flying with the cougar flight stick because I will only fly the F-16, as I'm a A2A photographer for the Belgian Air Force and can sometimes take the real stick in real flight, ...would be great to use same stick in VR.

If some of you guys are interest in my job check my IG as ross_impress. (this is no publicity for me :smilewink:)

So I hope I can join soon again in the DCS world environment.

I don't need the 'top' system but it should run smooth with enough fps.

All help is welcome ;)

Best regards,

Ross...

I'm in the same position of being new and needing a rig upgrade. I need a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM. I have a trackerIR, x52 HOTAS and I plan on keeping GTX 750 video card but I know it will be my bottleneck. I'm looking into the Warthog HOTAS and need to look into either upgrade my current system, buy a new gaming desktop, or buy a new gaming laptop. Anyone have any suggestions?

Choose desktop over laptop. Desktop can provide a lot more horsepower compared to a desktop.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!