sharpen filter for VR

Gryzor

Sharpening etc is just a post process filter. ReShade is your friend. It includes multiple sharpening filters which you can tweak live on the fly to your heart's content. Then you don't need the devs ;) DiY ftw

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Sharpening etc is just a post process filter. ReShade is your friend. It includes multiple sharpening filters which you can tweak live on the fly to your heart's content. Then you don't need the devs ;) DiY ftw

As far as I know reshade doesn’t work in VR.

Or that changed recently?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

In IL2 this filter effect is essential for VR users, easily you can spot ground moving targets, even seems a perceive increase in resolution.

Anyone know some "hack" thorought files or something (shaders maybe??)?

It's a great feature for other VR sims. Was a great enhancement for PCars2 back in the days...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

this.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Hello, sharpen (cockpit only) is already available in my mod https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134

I will soon release a new version that will allow sharpen for outside also, with a interactive setup for all settings (color, sharpen, reflexion intensity on cockpit and instrument glasses). But it will be for beta only.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hello, sharpen (cockpit only) is already available in my mod https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134

I will soon release a new version that will allow sharpen for outside also, with a interactive setup for all settings (color, sharpen, reflexion intensity on cockpit and instrument glasses). But it will be for beta only.

Nice....

I need to try it.

Will it lower fps?you know on openbeta vr and fps are already a little bit taxed.

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

If you've got an nvidia card you can add sharpening through the nvidia control panel. This also works in VR.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

It's a great feature for other VR sims. Was a great enhancement for PCars2 back in the days...

I tested also in PC2, the results are incredible with sharpening applied. In 2D the effect doesn´t look good, but in VR, its essencial (at least, with hardware and tech we have nowadays).

Nice, can you help me what file its need to mod just to have sharpness filter in all screen?

Please point the way on this.

I tested thorought Nvidia control panel, sharpening is ONLY applied at 2D view mirror on your monitor-TV. But not in 3D in VR HMD.

EDIT: Or maybe they fixed in newer driver version? are you sure?

I tested today in the release version...as sharpen should not be compatible with ob.

The effect is remarkable, however without msaa i have a lot of aliasing which in vr in very annoying.

The incompatibility with msaa is something that can be worked on in the future?

Hello, I just uploaded a new version of the mod that allows sharpen for outside and provide a new setup process by using interactive menu. You can change sharpen and luma value and see in realtime the effect.

for VirusAM: I do not think that sharpen and MSAA are compatible, because they did things at opposite: one is making thing sharper, the second smoother. So in my mind, MSAA will simply supress the sharpen...But in fact I did not try.

So I did it for MSAA2x: you can try. Just unzip the two files in the attached zip in the directory "shaderfixes" that is installed in the same dir that DCS.exe. They should overwrite the existing ones, otherwhise you put them in the wrong place.

Use the last version of the mod. You will be able to use the "sharpen" page of setup menu with MSAA2X and see the impact of settings in realtime. Personnaly I still prefer the MSAA0X, I feel it more clear and MSAA takes too much fps !

ShaderFixes.zip

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hello, I just uploaded a new version of the mod that allows sharpen for outside and provide a new setup process by using interactive menu. You can change sharpen and luma value and see in realtime the effect.

for VirusAM: I do not think that sharpen and MSAA are compatible, because they did things at opposite: one is making thing sharper, the second smoother. So in my mind, MSAA will simply supress the sharpen...But in fact I did not try.

So I did it for MSAA2x: you can try. Just unzip the two files in the attached zip in the directory "shaderfixes" that is installed in the same dir that DCS.exe. They should overwrite the existing ones, otherwhise you put them in the wrong place.

Use the last version of the mod. You will be able to use the "sharpen" page of setup menu with MSAA2X and see the impact of settings in realtime. Personnaly I still prefer the MSAA0X, I feel it more clear and MSAA takes too much fps !

Many Thanks! If I only want to use sharness, what file I have to copy?

Thanks I will try later.

With the version you uploaded do now sharpen works also on openbeta?

Only tested in Openbeta. Incredible mod.

Sharpness is really gamechanger, the clarity in VR is superb now. In addition, the copy/paste feature of messages is quite good.

I hope ED consider hiring this guy, IMHO he did alone a SIGNIFICANT increase in graphic quality, more HUGE that the work done by a complete development team with 2.5.6.

And the most important thing: without ANY FPS penalty. Maybe he could explain some lesson to some engineers saying that shader lighting was the cause of FPS penalty...