Mapping TIR centre to a Joystick button

My experience with Track IR is it's something you have to do in their software, not the client program. DCS World does have a command for centering head-mounted displays, but it's more oriented toward VR than TrackIR.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

It's Ant0ines way or add something to your actual Thrustmaster profile.

For the latter, you can use panton41 idea and make use of recenter VR Headset (to be found in the UI layer of the DCS controls) and bind that to the same key combo you use for TrackIR Center. You'll never use both at the same time anyway. If you are in 2D with TrackIR, the key combo will recenter TrackIR, if you are in VR, it will recenter your VR view.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

You ask for the impossible.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

This may or may not work for your purpose, but check out JoytoKey. I use it on my WH throttle with an older game that doesn't recognize one of the POV hats. Not sure if it's friendly with TM profiles or not as I only use it to assign keystrokes to that POV and everything else I just map direct.

I have F11 already mapped at TIR to center fuction, I want it to be mapped to a button at my TM Cougar joystick, but without changing my TM profile

Thanks

If you want to map it to a button on your joystick, then you need to map it to a button on your joystick. It's a function of the software, not the game.

Yes, this can be done in the TrackIR software, and once you do that, it is completely independent of whatever other programs you have running or anything else you have mapped to that button in DCS.

For example, let's say you have the F1 view mapped to Button 4 on your Cougar stick in DCS. And separately, in the TrackIR software you've assigned Button 4 as the Center function (in whichever TrackIR profile you use for DCS). When you press Button 4 in DCS, it will both go to the F1 view AND center your TrackIR. If you only want it to center the TIR, just don't map it to anything in DCS.

Also, make sure you have a relatively current version of the TrackIR software; I believe in earlier versions you could not assign Center to a joystick button, only to a keyboard key.

Unfortunately is not possible to map a combo to open track/trackir center....only a single button

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yes, this can be done in the TrackIR software, and once you do that, it is completely independent of whatever other programs you have running or anything else you have mapped to that button in DCS.

For example, let's say you have the F1 view mapped to Button 4 on your Cougar stick in DCS. And separately, in the TrackIR software you've assigned Button 4 as the Center function (in whichever TrackIR profile you use for DCS). When you press Button 4 in DCS, it will both go to the F1 view AND center your TrackIR. If you only want it to center the TIR, just don't map it to anything in DCS.

Also, make sure you have a relatively current version of the TrackIR software; I believe in earlier versions you could not assign Center to a joystick button, only to a keyboard key.

Thanks

That did it, I didnt realice that you can map at the TIR software a joystick button besides keystrokes.

So I mapped at TIR joy3 button which is the same that at DCS centers the cabin wiew so they not interfere which some other DCS function already mapped

Although I am conscious that I can map at TIR a button which has no function at DCS

Although I am conscious that I can map at TIR a button which has no function at DCS

Or use the "Trap" option in the TrackIR software so that the assigned button/keyboard will only be seen by the Track IR soft. I do not recommend that however. But now you know it is an option :thumbup:

Now you got me interested there Ant0ine, never heard of this "trap" option in TrackIR software (not that i need it but you made me curious). Didn't find it either...

Right in front (as always) and overlooked. Thx for pointing me in the right direction.