Landing on top tower roof.

DmitriKozlowsky

I've noticed that the "heights" of some objects are correct and some aren't.

Not only that, but objects have their heights set differently each time I run DCS Huey. Example sometimes while landing on the silo at Lochini my skids will be all the way down on the surface of the silo, while other times they'll be about a foot above the surface. Same is true for other objects.

Just a theory, but I think there could be a correlation with density altitude, if temp and humidity is different then object height is different. Probably not, but it's the only thing I can think of that should be dynamic that way(density altitude I mean), not that objects should be set according to density altitude, but something is affecting object height in a seemingly random manner.

Edited by LuckyFromArma

O.K. Will you elaborate on this?:detective:

To improve perfomance, most of the objects use an invisble box to make collisions easier to calculate collisions. So, most part of the objects are boxes or cilinders. That's a constant in every game. Thought it is possible to make more complex collisions but it would take a lot of your PC to calculate them correctly.

Chinook lover - Rober -

To improve perfomance, most of the objects use an invisble box to make collisions easier to calculate collisions. So, most part of the objects are boxes or cilinders. That's a constant in every game. Thought it is possible to make more complex collisions but it would take a lot of your PC to calculate them correctly.

So the "hitbox" is a solid polygon? :pilotfly:

So some roofs have the box drawn to the top of the parapet, while others have it drawn to the bottom of the parapet.

Yes and some have different "hard points" even in some maps some buildings have none and you fall through,.. :megalol:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes and some have different "hard points" even in some maps some buildings have none and you fall through,.. :megalol:

I've noticed that they're not always the same; sometimes you land on a building right on the roof or a little above it and sometimes you fall through. May have something to do with updates IDK.

I remember being able to land on the hardened aircraft bunkers at some point, now that's possible at some fields but at others you settle through them and your rotors get messed up.

• 4 weeks later...