How to tell minigun gunner to engage?

DmitriKozlowsky

There's no AI gunner option in the Gaz, it's purely player / multiplayer controlled

in sp bring it to a hover and jump to the back seat by pressing 3, or you can fly it from the backseat and try target the gun on the move

It may might get reworked or looked at after they release the Kiowa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Disappointing and silly. Hope they address that eventually.

The minigun version was added after the main release as a free bonus. An AI gunner was never planned due to the added complexity, not feasible as free.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

The minigun version was added after the main release as a free bonus. An AI gunner was never planned due to the added complexity, not feasible as free.

That's not really true.

Polychop said that there would be 4 versions when they started selling the Gazelle: The SA342M, the L with the Mistrals, the L with the gunpod and the rocket pod and a dedicated "sniper" version, from you'd be able to use a sniper rifle from.

They said that in the end, the sniper rifle would have had little use in DCS and replaced it with the minigun version.

How hard for Polychop to remove the minigun, from minigun version to make it a light unarmed helicopter?

Looks very difficult... it is on the to do list for 2 years or so...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Looks very difficult... it is on the to do list for 2 years or so...

I don't think an unarmed version was ever on the to do list but I could be wrong... I only started working for Polychop in August 2019 so I might have missed that. It is something I certainly looked in to myself but I wonder if it has a place in the DCS universe.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know you have split since then and the guy doesn't work for you anymore but is still stickied on this forum and the date is 2016!!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2762205&highlight=civil#post2762205

PS. It has a place with all the civil planes and choppers variants.

**Moderator, please stick ***

So this thread is to keep track of things that you guys are asking for that would be nice to add in future updates. Keep in mind that while you can ask for anything, only those things that realistic will be done. So looking at all your thread so far here's the list that I can see:

Will sort at some point.

Commander: Make commander's animation more human, less creepy

Commander: Have the option of having no Commander in the seat

Force Feed Back: Add the ability to use Force Feed Back Joysticks

Weapons: Add Guns, Rockets, Mistral, and sharks with lasers on them.

Skin: Release Skin template.

Doors: add ability to open and close then by clicking

Tutorial video: turn on all system including countermeasures.

Model: A civil model without Vivian system

Buttons: implement missing buttons like Hyd test

Manuals: Finish them and add checklists

Pilots: UK uniforms

Pilots: Ejectable

Pilots: Skin Template

Special: Rudder Trim

ADI: add more texturing

TV: key assignment for on/off

Logbook: add functionality

Pilots: Add gas effect if flying backwards to long

Auto-Hover: Add ability to use rudders

Skis: 1980's Iraqi skin

TV: rotaries assignment for brightness/contrast

cockpit: UK or English version

Cockpit: reduce cockpit vibrations

model: add cargo hook and hoist option

pilot: knee board for virtual pilot

Auto-Hover: Indicate when it's on with a lamp

Windows: ability to open and close windows

Weapons: have machine gunners

Misc: Add passengers

111.thumb.jpg.efc0487ae50fddf11572bf9475b7d4fb.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I know you have split since then and the guy doesn't work for you anymore but is still stickied on this forum and the date is 2016!!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2762205&highlight=civil#post2762205

PS. It has a place with all the civil planes and choppers variants.

Ok so not sure if that is a compiled community wishlist or an actual to-do list right there. It's got some interesting points though.

Edited by Polychop Simulations

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may might get reworked or looked at after they release the Kiowa

or maybe not.

That generally is the most annoying part of DCS and especially DCS modules - "old stuff will get fixed after the release of new stuff".

In other words, "give us your money again and maybe we will deliver what you've already paid for".

But I shouldn't complain, I'm stupid enough to accept and support that kind of business model for many years and I didn't learn ever since...

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2020 at 9:41 PM, Polychop Simulations said:

Ok so not sure if that is a compiled community wishlist or an actual to-do list right there. It's got some interesting points though.

Just on the "place in the DCS universe" point.

I think it does. An unarmed scout/light utility has a lot of utility in the DCS timeframe, especially with the release of the falklands map coming up. The Gaz was used as to drop ammunition and supplies, extract wounded etc. I know there's a lot of rotorheads that could get a lot of fun out of the minigun version with the minigun removed, doors left off etc.

It's a great little module, unfairly maligned, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, and I have a CPL(H), so make of that what you will!

Cheers 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

• 1 month later...