Altimeter gauge assistance requested

lesthegrngo

Guys, next on my to-do list is the altimeter gauge

In theory it is just a gauge that moves the pointer depending on the output, but clearly it is not as simple as that. I have tried to splice in the reference code into a sketch, then run a gauge using that, but no matter what I do, once the gauge has finished its self test it stops and never moves.

I have tried it is a gauge with a stepper that has the stop pin removed, and one with the stop pin. I know the stepper functions fine because if I load any other sketch, it acts normally. However whatever way I use to try and get the altimeter pointer to move, I get nothing, so clearly it is expecting something that I am not understanding

Has anyone dealt with this?

Cheers

Les

Edited by lesthegrngo

I got this working.

The logic in the BIOS reference seemed the same as other gauges, so I set up a sketch that read the output and displayed it on the LCD screen, which confirmed a numerical output from 0 to 65535. That matched what I was seeing from other gauges

I deleted everything and started completely from new with a new sketch, and now it behaves as it should. I don't know what I did wrong, because the sketch was accepted by IDE, but clearly there was a minor error in it somewhere.

On to the next part of this

Cheers

Les