Jester Constantly Mashing Buttons (bug)

SteezyActual

Since the latest update, I've run into an issue where at some point during my flight (don't know what is triggering it), Jester will start to constantly mash buttons in the back seat to the beat of about 160 BPM. He won't stop. Basically once he starts doing this I just respawn because it can get quite annoying. Anyone else experience this or know how to make it stop? Thanks.

Happened to me as well. He kept mashing the Manual TWS switch. Even switching seats and trying to break the loop was. Also INS is a mess for me. Not sure what he is doing back there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Can't you just set Jester inactive using crew utility function on Jester menu?

Sure. You can also eject :). Either way, the immediate problem is solved. Either way, though, continuing any meaningful activity beyond sight-seeing is impossible.

I have this too

And it is not just annoying. It's game-breaking, depending on what button he is pressing. E.g., last night, it was no problem -- he was mashing away at something that did not interfere with operations. Tonight, however, he kept pressing on RWS, which meant I could not stay in VLS LO. In the middle of a dogfight ... :( :( :(

Edited by Bearfoot

Ok, this is definitely a bug. Have not figured out the conditions under which it occurs, though so far (probably coincidentally), the last four times it has been

(a) after I've commanded radar elevation at a certain distance

(b) fired off some AIM-154's

© gone feet dry

The only reason I mention the last is because the RWS-mashing happened right after that. Could be unrelated to all or any of these three.

Running latest beta on Caucasus map.

• 3 weeks later...
I have this too

And it is not just annoying. It's game-breaking, depending on what button he is pressing. E.g., last night, it was no problem -- he was mashing away at something that did not interfere with operations. Tonight, however, he kept pressing on RWS, which meant I could not stay in VLS LO. In the middle of a dogfight ... :( :( :(

I got in situation where I couldn’t engage PAL/ VSL modes. In fact it was after lost contact.

After I ordered to Jester to break lock, I regained control over PAL/ VSL modes.

I hope it can help.:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi