Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

10 hours ago, Rick50 said:

Not the conclusion I read.

"this year you'll hear more about  the product and it's progress. Eventually it'll be in Early Access.", to paraphrase. But nothing about a release date this year

That's also what I heard but its abit suggestive isn't it? 

On 1/12/2023 at 5:23 AM, Rick50 said:

Not the conclusion I read.

"this year you'll hear more about  the product and it's progress. Eventually it'll be in Early Access.", to paraphrase. But nothing about a release date this year.

Yep, that sounds like "we'll have more progress to show this year" to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 1:18 PM, Zahnatom said:

incredibly disasppointing, its been 3 months 😞 

If this disappoints you incredibly, it is a pretty decent sign that you are not managing your expectations properly. When thinking about the EF Typhoon, think in years, not weeks or months. Patience, it will take a while to get here. Having more news doesn't make it go any faster. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Look deep into these forums, you will see that almost all modules and maps take years to make. A few simulators in the past even took a DECADE to complete...and even then took a couple years of fixes, patches and upgrayed to make into enjoyable products. So I don't see either the Phantom or Eurodart as being "late" at all, but rather as promising projects by great teams with lots of resources that most sim devs would dream of. 

I just  look forward to the day they announce they are available to download and with only a modest number of minor bugs that will get ironed out quickly! "Rushing" development just gives a buggy mess no one can fix or enjoy: in sim releases, patience is your friend!

• Like 2

Reply from a post on reddit asking about the Eurofighter.
Screenshot_20230427_203601_Reddit.thumb.jpg.e139149c4608f09cd7967e1a948aab46.jpg
That is a welcomed update from the team on the Eurofighter development.
Hoping the F-4E early access release will get out of the way soon so we can start receiving more info on the eurofighter progress. Thank you for sharing this here.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

On 4/29/2023 at 10:10 AM, Eaglewings said:

Hoping the F-4E early access release will get out of the way soon so we can start receiving more info on the eurofighter progress. Thank you for sharing this here.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

To be the devil's advocate, the interesting line is: "The Eurofighter is a key priority and foundational pillar of our roadmap to grow and develop as a company and team."

In our company, every time a "one from above" guy says such stuff we know for sure, that's only massive steam.

To grow and develop as a company and team means, there are things, nothing new, and they haven't even talked about how to merge it. They are still in the pre "discovery phase".

In short: Years (2 or more), not months. You guys shouldn't have high hopes for a release next year, and for sure not earlier. 😉

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

I mean, if Heatblur (+Grit) does a good Eurofighter, then they can probably do everything. That gotta be the most challenging to create aircraft announced for DCS, by a wide margin.

Id expect at least 2 years or more. Maybe the project will even be cancelled because its just too difficult to develope the thing?

At least im gonna keep my expectations low, its too far away to get excited. And if they actually do a good EF, it would be a dream come true.

To be the devil's advocate, the interesting line is: "The Eurofighter is a key priority and foundational pillar of our roadmap to grow and develop as a company and team."
In our company, every time a "one from above" guy says such stuff we know for sure, that's only massive steam.
To grow and develop as a company and team means, there are things, nothing new, and they haven't even talked about how to merge it. They are still in the pre "discovery phase".
In short: Years (2 or more), not months. You guys shouldn't have high hopes for a release next year, and for sure not earlier. 
To expect the eurofighter release in a few month is understating the challenges of developing a module like that. Developmental info is what I was talking about. That eases the waiting pain somewhat.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:10 AM, Eaglewings said:

I mean, sure...  but why?  Did you think they just stopped and didn't tell us?  Did their lack of saying "we're still working on it we plomise" (kudo's for knowing the reference BTW) make you think they stopped?  We all know they're making progress :)...  telling us doesn't change anything.

On 4/29/2023 at 1:10 AM, Eaglewings said:

I'm sorry but if it's an "early access" release that means they will still have tons to do with the Phantom before "actual release" :).  As much as I'm hoping for the EF...  It's my 2nd or 3rd fav jet ever...  I'm hoping they don't divert too much attention away from the Phantom too early :)...  even through the Phantom is quite a ways down the list for me.  We're talking about HB here though.  They have a pretty good reputation around these parts :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

17 hours ago, M1Combat said:

I'm sorry but if it's an "early access" release that means they will still have tons to do with the Phantom before "actual release" :).

Yes, but it does mean they're more likely to increase the development resources of the typhoon. which if you like me and I'm sure many if us, want the Typhoon more than air itself is an exiting thing 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, Nedum said:

In short: Years (2 or more), not months. You guys shouldn't have high hopes for a release next year, and for sure not earlier. 😉

Sure, in "corporate world", I'd be suspecting the same thing.

But I'm guessing Heatblur and True Grit aren't really "corporate world" companies. Just a hunch. Sure, they probably are technically "corporations" meaning the legal structure meaning, so that the people, the developers, the artists and coders, the researchers and company owners, don't get completely financially WIPED OUT the first time they encounter an inevitable legal challenge to their existence. But I'm doubting they have an "accountant team", a "legal team", an "HR team", "sales and marketing team" and the like. They likely have one person doing bookkeeping and find SME's, another does coding and will send out requests for experienced coders to help with "this" and "that", a third an artist  will make it look amazing and vet people's resumes and portfolio of previous works. 

I've no idea if they have a "workplace" like a small few offices that people go to... it might be that Bob lives in Virginia, and works 8 hours an afternoon/evening on the Euro, and 6 hours during the morning doing book keeping for other companies as his "day job". Maybe Gregory  puts in a few hours in the early morning, before going to university in Heidelberg, Germany... 

Now, all that said, your estimate of 2 years or more, I agree with completely. I believe it'll take that much time to sort though the systems complexity, what things are secret and can't be shared (and how to present an alternative to the module buyers without pissing anyone off!!!). I'd be surprised to see Typhoon in the ED store before September 2026, I figure on 3 years from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1