Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

Please please please Truegrit dont mess the cockpit textures with MFD smudge, dirt and and general excess weathering. They look great as they are!

If this is up for a vote at all I have to agree. I prefer clean cockpits to weathered ones and the EF's looks great.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Guess, they can not visit the UK and take pictures and measurements at the moment? ...but who cares about stickers and emblems at this stage, as long as it gets a working PIRATE? :dunno:

Of course they cant but there are 100's of photos available on google

Please please please Truegrit dont mess the cockpit textures with MFD smudge, dirt and and general excess weathering. They look great as they are!

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

I agree to an extend - Lets have both options, like some other modules, where you can choose your weathering.

This, especially for VR, where readability can be bad unless the cockpit is cleanish, I love the F-14 but the pit is unreadable in vr without sailor’s mod.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Of course they cant but there are 100's of photos available on google

And they will do that for sure when they're closer to release. Again: It's an early WIP pic.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does anyone have info about the back up instruments gauges ?

I only saw them once in a video game cockpit picture. Is the right-most panel on a swivel ?

Both pictures are of the Right Hand Glare Shield (RHGS), the first picture is what is on the front of the 'door' and as said, once you open it to the right, the Get You Home instruments appear below.

Most of the fun is trying to see if they work with the door closed, a bit like a fridge light.

I wont ruin your fun.

I'd rather have a believable level of weathering and wear. A pristine cockpit is too unnatural and immersion breaking.

I agree 100 percent with this, I would love a helicopter to be produced that had a cockpit that was an absolute worn out dog.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I think in this case it is a matter of personal preference and you can not make everybody happy. Look at the F-14, that has weathering and people (especially VR users, those guys are loud) complained a lot that it was too much. Ideally there is an option so users can choose, but personally I do not really mind how much weathering there is. Neither of the options is unrealistic if you ask me.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I'm afraid your external textures, especially on the XI Sqn Typhoon are way too faded.

Have a look at a real one.

_GLD2292.thumb.jpg.92fc09bae6f168cf77f1ec1330e191e5.jpg

• Like 2

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I'm afraid your external textures, especially on the XI Sqn Typhoon are way too faded.

Have a look at a real one.

Do you realize that multiple times was already stated that their external model (and consequently the textures) are placeholders?

We need to wait some time to have better looking pictures, also because it is just a waste of time to work on skins now when the external model is not finalized.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 weeks later...

Dear TrueGrit team.

1. Why isn't this photo 1080p?

2. Why is this quite pixel-ish?

3. Is this even DCS game-engine?

https://www.facebook.com/105602767762071/photos/a.105610157761332/137153307940350/?type=3&theater

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

:lol: so from the meteor being in game you took away the graphic quality:pilotfly:

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

:lol: so from the meteor being in game you took away the graphic quality:pilotfly:

I cannot see a Meteor (nor would I expect one). Are you sure it is not an illusion based on the angle of the picture and the overlap of the AMRAAMs? It does appear that one of the missiles might have an intake, but am not sure that it does.

Meteor = minimum Tr. 2 P2E which I suspect is a way down the road at this stage (but we can dream).

But an RAF TR.1 with Litening and Paveway is wonderful. Graphics as for an early WiP look great :thumbup: