Track IR Input Needed

BBQ

Has anyone used a track IR with a projector? My problem: I've got my computer next to my couch--with my projector mounted on the ceiling. It projects the computer's image on the wall in front of me. I have a wireless keyboard/mouse setup. I just pull out my cougar HOTAS and set it on a small table (footrest) in front of me--and I'm good to go.

I'm trying to figure out where my track IR device can be--since there's really nothing in front of me to set it on! Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies!

When I use my beamer I place the tracking cam behind me and invert the tracking , so I get no problems with the lightsource and heat of the beamer.

I don't have anywhere behind me to put it either! I'm thinking dropping it from the ceiling isn't a bad idea--right underneath the projector. :)

When I use my beamer I place the tracking cam behind me and invert the tracking , so I get no problems with the lightsource and heat of the beamer.

Cool!!!

I'd imagine one would get dizzy using the trackIR on such a big "screen" ?

Has anyone used a track IR with a projector? My problem: I've got my computer next to my couch--with my projector mounted on the ceiling. It projects the computer's image on the wall in front of me. I have a wireless keyboard/mouse setup. I just pull out my cougar HOTAS and set it on a small table (footrest) in front of me--and I'm good to go.

I'm trying to figure out where my track IR device can be--since there's really nothing in front of me to set it on! Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies!

This ist my Solution for Beamer and TrackIR ;).

rig_2_94.jpg

i have been confronted with this issue and am still trying to find an ideal solution.

i like the idea of reversing the axis and mounting the trackir behind:thumbup:

my proj screen is 3m across, and vertically just shy of the ceiling and a around 30cm to desk height. proj mounted up hi behind me.

1. i tried having the track ir hanging on a wire ,mounted horizontally approx 1m in front of the screen and above the eye line so it was not in the way of the image, this was somewhat bad for performance as the ir signal to and from the trackir got interfered with by the projectors light beam, as they intersected one another.

2. so i have currently settled for mounting the trackir below the screen, out of the light beam, and in turn i have basically angled the reflector up on my hat to compensate for the trackir low mounting position, works well, but not ideal.

i think the first method would work better if the ir source was not from the trackir relying on reflection, so the new ir led device might work better in that case, think i will just make one and give it ago.

grandsurf: i must say i like your setup:thumbup: