Hornet and JTAC

fmedges

I haven’t done much CAS in the hornet, but lately I’ve been trying some. Is there a reason that only the A10 (to my knowledge) can use all of the JTAC menu items, but other modules cannot? Is this module specific or core? I would imagine module specific. Is this going to get fixed at some point? An example of what I mean is the menu item (I don’t remember the exact name) where you designate a target and then verify that you have the correct target with the JTAC.

I haven’t done much CAS in the hornet, but lately I’ve been trying some. Is there a reason that only the A10 (to my knowledge) can use all of the JTAC menu items, but other modules cannot? Is this module specific or core? I would imagine module specific. Is this going to get fixed at some point? An example of what I mean is the menu item (I don’t remember the exact name) where you designate a target and then verify that you have the correct target with the JTAC.

I haven't done A10 in years and can't remember JTAC options. In the Hornet you basically read back your clearance which includes coordinates and alt.

AI JTAC currently is as fubared as it ever was. This morning I was trying hard to get the ground based JTAC to lase. The best he could do is fire a WP mark. Oh well, it worked and I smoked the target.

Finally I decided to put the JTAC on a helo. What a joy to hear 'Mark by laser'. The joy was short lived. Few seconds before Lmav impact JTAC terminated. I had a peak at him in F2 view and he was way the f*** out there... away from where I told him to be. I set him up in an orbit at 4k but the orbit took him too far and he stopped lasing. I didn't see any hover option in setup. I'm sure there is a way to do it but I wasn't aware at the time. I did my own lasing on the second pass. On the 3rd pass I was told to use cannon but the menus stayed the same... had to go through laser sequence chatter.

A brief summary: https://youtu.be/BPqlPtAQi6c