What are these missiles on JF-17?

AnarchyZG

CM-400akg a ballistic missile type weapon, have a range about 400km, which can smash enemy base just after you take off. And enemy basically can not defend or intercept this weapon(need PAC-3 introduced).

So in my point of view, it's not an urgent need for dcsw right now.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I hate these game "balancing" arguments.

War is not a fair fight.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I hate these game "balancing" arguments.

War is not a fair fight.

True but at the same time the limitations of DCS do not reflect the real world so the effectiveness of a weapon like this in the sim is very different to the actual effectiveness.

All weapons can be balanced if cost/supplies is taken into account by MP servers. You'd think twice of throwing one of these around if it cost 10times as much as an akg which would cost 10x as much as gb6 which would cost 10x as much as gbu which would cost 10x as much as mk82. Take off with too many of these and your airbase would run out of supplies and not be able to rearm/repair anyone until emergency helo supply run.

I think that all weapons should be allowed no single weapon can ruin a game, weirdly enough looking at it, it has less range then ed with their roadmap for a SLAM-ER missile

if the missile is overpowered for multiplayer all mission makers have to do is just not have them supplied at airfields, sort of like the nuclear bomb for the mig-21bis

there are counters, i assume the aim54c phoenix can intercept them since it was designed to intercept high altitude anti ship missiles same logic should apply for just high altitude missiles, not to mention any ships if the target is also on the coastline should intercept them too.

Ed is i believe trying to make ballistic simulation so why not use that, it would be logical for them to create some sort of anti ballistic missile weapons for Russia and America once that's released

Clever minds have solved it, by not wasting time introducing it in the first place.

If you head over to the F-18 forums ED are right now running a vote that involves them speeding up the process of implementing the SLAM-ER. So this missile is coming no matter what maybe earlier then later. So they are clearly not concerned about a missile like the one we are talking about here being balanced or not

Edited by Blinky.ben

If you head over to the F-18 forums ED are right now running a vote that involves them speeding up the process of implementing the SLAM-ER. So this missile is coming no matter what maybe earlier then later. So they are clearly not concerned about a missile like the one we are talking about here being balanced or not

A subsonic man in loop weapon can be easily intercepted by SAM.

A supersonic fire & forget weapon which and not be intercepted by current SAM system and have a range over 400KM.

I think I have pointed out their difference.

Any weapon range > 300km will ruin the game, I guess. :)

Game? Why? Why...!? :cry:

:megalol:

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

It is pretty insane, GPS guidance with both an AKG MITL TV/IR sensor, and Passive anti radiation sensor for three types of guidance, it’s like one size fits all, Carrier killer, HQ, top tier SAMs, I think it would be fun to try and intercept ballistic missiles if you have the right time and location intel and the weapon is restricted enough by mission designer. But if nothing else were to change there would literally be no safe place from it unless your flying.

With GPS you could have them rain down on runways and taxi ways and aprons, the air craft carriers could never be far enough away.

With future attention for IADS including S-200 and that PAC 3 I believe is correct time frame for the F-16/F-18 we have I’m confident this “problem” won’t be around forever. I mean the companion for Scud is the PAC 2, and it’s supposssed to have atleast some small ABM capability right?

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It is pretty insane, GPS guidance with both an AKG MITL TV/IR sensor, and Passive anti radiation sensor for three types of guidance, it’s like one size fits all, Carrier killer, HQ, top tier SAMs, I think it would be fun to try and intercept ballistic missiles if you have the right time and location intel and the weapon is restricted enough by mission designer. But if nothing else were to change there would literally be no safe place from it unless your flying.

With GPS you could have them rain down on runways and taxi ways and aprons, the air craft carriers could never be far enough away.

With future attention for IADS including S-200 and that PAC 3 I believe is correct time frame for the F-16/F-18 we have I’m confident this “problem” won’t be around forever. I mean the companion for Scud is the PAC 2, and it’s supposssed to have atleast some small ABM capability right?

PAC-2 is for aircraft, PAC-3 is needed for terminal missile defence.

And S-300(PMU) has very limited capability for missile defence.

All weapons can be balanced if cost/supplies is taken into account by MP servers. You'd think twice of throwing one of these around if it cost 10times as much as an akg which would cost 10x as much as gb6 which would cost 10x as much as gbu which would cost 10x as much as mk82. Take off with too many of these and your airbase would run out of supplies and not be able to rearm/repair anyone until emergency helo supply run.

That would be fun. You can use these in multiplayer but there's a hard-limit of two for the entire MP session so make em count!

also I think it shouldn't be in the game because we don't know anything about this missile from a technical standpoint. Even discussion in this thread on its capabilities seems to be conflicting.

That would be fun. You can use these in multiplayer but there's a hard-limit of two for the entire MP session so make em count!

also I think it shouldn't be in the game because we don't know anything about this missile from a technical standpoint. Even discussion in this thread on its capabilities seems to be conflicting.

I think it’s possible, range and warhead seem to be the biggest things were many sources don’t agree, but the CEP is known for every guidance type it has, so as soon as ballistic models and tri seekers are available to be coded in DCS I think it’s possible. Pakistan has 60 of them, and China has shown it at shows since 2012 https://quwa.org/2019/10/03/the-jf-17s-air-launched-rocket-option-cm-400akg/

https://www.flightglobal.com/dubai-china-details-performance-of-carrier-killer-missile-for-jf-17/111764.article

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

PAC-2 is for aircraft, PAC-3 is needed for terminal missile defence.

And S-300(PMU) has very limited capability for missile defence.

PAC-2 has had plenty of enhancements that give it ABM capability. PAC-3 is the last line of defense and in some situations more capable, in others not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda