[RESOLVED] Jester Starts Mashing Non-Stop on RWS (Or Some Other Radar Mode) Key

Bearfoot

Following on from:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271334

Running latest Beta, at some point Jester begins hammering away at one of the keys. Like several times a second. Non stop. Does not let up. At least the last couple of times, it was a radar mode key. When I hopped into the back seat (in SP), I could see the "RWS" key being continuously pressed and release, again and again and again etc.. Nothing I could do to stop it (including pressing other keys or press the same key). From the pilot seat I tried deactivating and reactivating Jester (crew contract), silencing him, commanding a new radar mode (TWS, RWS, auto), etc. Nothing stops it. ANd, of course, this makes staying in any other radar amode impossible (including VLS LO, which is pretty useful in, say, a dogfight!).

I cannot figure out how to replicate it yet. It started happening last night. I've flown a few missions where this did not happen (e.g. AAR practice).

As I noted on the other thread, so far the only commonalities of missions where it did happen is:

(a) after I've commanded radar elevation at a certain distance

(b) fired off some AIM-154's[

© gone feet dry

But this is really a tenuous correlation. I will update this thread as I learn more.

EDIT: Ah, this appears to be a known issue, reported under a different form (the "inability to engage PLM" rather than "jester hammering a radar mode button preventing engagement of PLM [or other modes]") as reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271118 .

The cause seems to be, specifically, "giving Jester radar elevation or azimuth commands when he is in TWS-A". Work around is currently telling Jester "to switch to TWS-M first. Note: when a phoenix is launched, he cannot switch to TWS-M"

Edited by IronMike

With me if was triggered by commanding Jester to Scan Level or Scan center while he was in TWS Auto mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

This bug just started for me as well. Ill be up flying and switch to TWS auto from TWS and it starts. The bug sounds like jester is flipping a switch over and over in the back seat. Cant lock a target after that. He just replies "no can do" for lock requests. Have to re-plane.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Same here, but in my case I never entered TWS-A in the first place, but when Jester was flipping switched madly I noticed that the radar antena was following some targets to the right automatically ... so it seems it entered into TWS-A without me commanding to do it.

All started after firing a Phoenix from TWS (not auto) and them commanding Jester to scan at a certain distance and altitude.

Same here, but in my case I never entered TWS-A in the first place, but when Jester was flipping switched madly I noticed that the radar antena was following some targets to the right automatically ... so it seems it entered into TWS-A without me commanding to do it.

All started after firing a Phoenix from TWS (not auto) and them commanding Jester to scan at a certain distance and altitude.

I thought that TWS AUTO was automatic after AIM-54 firing from TWS ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...

'Fixed Jester TWS-A /TWS-M endless loop with phoenix in air and player commands during TWS-A'

Says who exactly? :smilewink:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is fixed for weeks. Unfortunately - what was pushed in the patch is not the latest build (or at least - is desynced vis-a-vis the SDK). We're making inquiries as what is going on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Omg how can that even happen? Pls make a hotfix! Its really gamebreaking.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Omg how can that even happen? Pls make a hotfix! Its really gamebreaking.

Not sure if it's possible, but that would be great. Or in 2 weeks ? :D

This is fixed for weeks. Unfortunately - what was pushed in the patch is not the latest build (or at least - is desynced vis-a-vis the SDK). We're making inquiries as what is going on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

looks like ED's being ED.

Is everybody having this problem?

For me the F14 is unplayable now. Every time I launch a Phoenix missile Jester goes nuts with the TWS-A.

Is there anything I can do when he does that??

• 2 weeks later...

Is this BUG declared ?

Steel happens in release version...

I can’t shoot Phoenix en TWS mode auto, only in STT Lock mode, when this bug occurs the radar becomes useless

Can I made a video for you if need it.

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Is this BUG declared ?

Steel happens in release version...

I can’t shoot Phoenix en TWS mode auto, only in STT Lock mode, when this bug occurs the radar becomes useless

Can I made a video for you if need it.

Greetings

yes it seems that HB is aware - there is a sort of workaround mentioned in this thread as well: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271118

I have not tried this workaround yet..... can someone confirm that it works to avoid this annoying bug?

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Is this still happening for you in Open Beta? Unfortunately in stable it will only get fixed once a fix gets pushed from OB to stable.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Is this still happening for you in Open Beta? Unfortunately in stable it will only get fixed once a fix gets pushed from OB to stable.

Was still there prior to yesterday's patch. I have not updated yet due to the bad reviews on the cockpit lighting after the latest OB patch. I shall hold back until that is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Yes, of course. We suspect however that the slight version mismatch might have been causing it, and so far we did not get any reports after the update. So fingers crossed. But hence we are interested what happens after the patch.

The lights btw you can simply turn down and it doesn't look so horrible. We cannot say when ED will be done with their tweaks, but you might be waiting longer if you decide not to update due to that. Sorry about that, but we cannot update the lights every patch, it takes too much time, hence we have to wait for ED, too.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/