Backfire/pilot temporary deafness?

Hoirtel

While flying mustang I have been learning about proper engine control and getting the hang of most of it, however sometimes I experience what I think is a simulated pilot deafness. The games sounds go very quiet suddenly and then filter back in with a ringing. Is this simulating an engine backfire and therefore so loud it creates a deafening sound? or something else? I would like to know what it is and what I am doing wrong to create it. Flew for ages on saturday, did the first 12 missons of the challenge campaign and didn't get it until the way down from the 30,000ft gate. Was probably the fastest speed I got to (around 400mph) so maybe its to do with that.

Hmm, seems there has been an attempt to simulate something there, possibly its occurring at the wrong times? I had it three times in a row in that fast descent. Hopefully someone can shed light on what it should be, so maybe we can report it as a bug if its happening at the wrong times. Really sounds like an attempt to make the pilot deaf, so I considered a backfire... Far too violent for ear popping.