The sound engine of DCS. BF-109K4 sound Update?

Sharkh

I have just tried out all the WW2 warbirds a few days ago thanks to the opportunity of the Free for All month and I have to say I am really impressed by the sound of the BF-109K4 . I felt its sound quality really stands out from the rest but I was not sure if its just that the real BF109K4 really have so much better sound to my ears compared to the the rest IRL these sounds recorded from as a source or it is due to a recent update.

I have just watched the interview with Nick Grey about ED's upcomming P-47 module and at 53:20

where he mentioned that the BF-109 module has just got a sound update. I told myself "Hmm.. Is this why?"

So I am really interested about this subject of the upcomming sound improvements of the modules especially the WW2 warbirds using the new methods and equiments recoding their sound and I wonder which module will be the next which one will get this kind of overhaul and when can we expect these to happen?

Are these imrpovements going to be noted in the patch notes or we will have to check them out from time to time to find it out? I have no idea how did the the BF-109K4 engine sound before this update but now I think the engine of the BF-109K4 sounds awesome compared to the rest! Especially from flyby perspetive.

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I have no idea how did the the BF-109K4 engine sound before this update but now I think the engine of the BF-109K4 sounds awesome compared to the rest! Especially from flyby perspetive.

Here is a problem, no matter how good you make sounds for other warbirds, k-4 will will sound much better then others, just because it is like in RL.

BTW, all warbids got sound update, only one is left behind now FW190 D-9

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Here is a problem, no matter how good you make sounds for other warbirds, k-4 will will sound much better then others, just because it is like in RL.

BTW, all warbids got sound update, only one is left behind now FW190 D-9

Really? Good to know.

My only ww2 module is the Dora and I like it and its sound already but not so much as the BF109 so I am looking forward to it.

I think my next module will be the BF-109 because I realized I like it better than my Dora and this sound will push me over the fence :D not to mention it also has DLC content available and lot more user made files . The Dora barely has anything to play with. :( I hope that will change in the future.

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home