What became of the Super Hornet?

It got cancelled and Cortex Design was removed from DCS. Must have been ~5 years ago or so.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It got cancelled and Cortex Design was removed from DCS. Must have been ~5 years ago or so.

It is a shame, because that module had an incredible look, it would be necessary to wait for another company to make the super hornet or VRS to give way to DCS

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

It is a shame, because that module had an incredible look, it would be necessary to wait for another company to make the super hornet or VRS to give way to DCS

Hmm, since we have the Hornet I don't have much of a need for a Super Hornet anymore. The practical differences between them (more endurance, more modern displays) don't really make that much of a difference for the purpose of DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, since we have the Hornet I don't have much of a need for a Super Hornet anymore. The practical differences between them (more endurance, more modern displays) don't really make that much of a difference for the purpose of DCS.

2 extra hard points.

Well, for you it may be worth, but I prefer the super hornet on a personal basis, because it is my favorite plane and that of many people, I suppose that the tastes of others are totally respectable, I support that someone make the super hornet or that VRS make the jump to DCS, what the hell, I'm looking forward to a quality super hornet for DCS

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

I agree, in some ways I feel they took the hornet design and shoe horned it into the role it now performs.

I personally have always preferred the legacy hornet.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Skatezilla has the F in development, and there is the Growler being worked on by another also.

‘about 2 weeks.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I agree, in some ways I feel they took the hornet design and shoe horned it into the role it now performs.

I personally have always preferred the legacy hornet.

For what it's worth, the Legacy Hornet took the YF-17 and shoehorned it into an operational fighter. Like the Super Hornet they couldn't deviate from the original visual design too much, for many of the same decisions, so they made oddball design choices. Orr Kelly's Hornet Inside Story of the F/A-18 (recommended reading) essentially says they designed a totally new plane that looked like the YF-17 and pointed out the odd landing gear design as a point of evidence.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Skatezilla has the F in development, and there is the Growler being worked on by another also.

‘about 2 weeks.

The current Growler mod isn't anything more than a re-skinned F/A-18C the last time I have seen posts about the development of it.

The current Growler mod isn't anything more than a re-skinned F/A-18C the last time I have seen posts about the development of it.

True, but they've updated it to the Digital UFC and with the White DDI mod, a pretty decent facsimile.

For what it's worth, the Legacy Hornet took the YF-17 and shoehorned it into an operational fighter. Like the Super Hornet they couldn't deviate from the original visual design too much, for many of the same decisions, so they made oddball design choices. Orr Kelly's Hornet Inside Story of the F/A-18 (recommended reading) essentially says they designed a totally new plane that looked like the YF-17 and pointed out the odd landing gear design as a point of evidence.

Yes this is true

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Stated to be a stand-alone mod, this in reply to a question as to if it will use the -18C pit, or its own.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 1 month later...