ACM lock sound

Geraki

• 2 months later...

I really miss this sound / feature. Its really helpful when your are in dogfight mode and you are looking for the bandit with your eyeballs. But the radar finds it before you, instead of like now.

Oh, i locked something up, surprise!

https://vocaroo.com/72tiKU4v9O6

• Like 3

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Yes agree. Cant believe ed cant implement this 10 min fix, just drag n drop in a folder and link to the right condition. Same with realistic rwr sounds or real strobe lights. Instead they come with stupid bug fixes no one cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, cannot understand ED's thoguht process. The bug fixes in the latest patch are not even reported in the forums. However, the critical bugs reported is the forum are not fixed.

Do they have to be reported? Reported or not, it is still a bug.

They are fixing bugs, not just reported bugs... some bugs take longer to fix, that's why they aren't fixed yet.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Like 1

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

+1 and yes, the sound is present when performing the test.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Same with others, I expected to hear "I-F-F.", "counter.", "caution." or "data." in some situations

Edited by D4n
  • Like 2
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be good to see (or should I say hear) this implemented.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Florence201 said:

You get the sound when testing the warning and cautions, but not when FCR locks

These are the things I don't understand about DCS.

What is the problem with coupling this sound with the lock?

• Like 3

LEts bump this topic everyday!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skyracer said:

LEts bump this topic everyday!

Sounds like an excellent way of getting this thread locked tbh. ED know its missing and they've already marked this thread as "planned" So lets just leave them to it. Its on what is probably a very long list of things to do/change/fix and they'll get to it when they get to it.

There are other bugs that bother me to a similar degree but I've resisted the urge (well... mostly) to shout about them every time a new OB release arrives and they aren't fixed.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 4 months later...

Two year of waiting in finally over

On 4/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, Geraki said:

ACM lock sound when the bogey locked in ACM mode

"lock"

On 7/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, Buddyspike69 said:

Yes agree. Cant believe ed cant implement this 10 min fix, just drag n drop in a folder and link to the right condition. Same with realistic rwr sounds or real strobe lights. Instead they come with stupid bug fixes no one cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, SCPanda said:

Yeah, cannot understand ED's thoguht process. The bug fixes in the latest patch are not even reported in the forums. However, the critical bugs reported is the forum are not fixed.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, FoxOne007 said:

Welcome to DCS......

On 7/21/2020 at 12:10 PM, Furiz said:

Do they have to be reported? Reported or not, it is still a bug.

They are fixing bugs, not just reported bugs... some bugs take longer to fix, that's why they aren't fixed yet.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Florence201 said:

You get the sound when testing the warning and cautions, but not when FCR locks

On 11/15/2020 at 9:45 PM, Geraki said:

+1 I think it is easy implementation

On 11/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, bies said:

Lock

On 11/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Shouldn't this be filed under "bugs"? We do have this sound, it comes on during the test sequence. It just doesn't play when it should.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:33 PM, Northstar98 said:

+1 and yes, the sound is present when performing the test.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:16 AM, D4n said:

Same with others, I expected to hear "I-F-F.", "counter.", "caution." or "data." in some situations

On 10/12/2021 at 9:21 PM, Deano87 said:

It would be good to see (or should I say hear) this implemented.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:16 AM, SCPanda said:

This should be added ASAP. Bitching Betty now is almost silenced Betty in the DCS F-16. 

On 10/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, Hiddenxreaper said:

The audio clip is already there, I’m surprised they haven’t added this feature, it’s small but satisfying like the “chaff flare”.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, Hobel said:

These are the things I don't understand about DCS.

What is the problem with coupling this sound with the lock?

On 11/11/2021 at 7:13 PM, Deano87 said:

Sounds like an excellent way of getting this thread locked tbh. ED know its missing and they've already marked this thread as "planned" So lets just leave them to it. Its on what is probably a very long list of things to do/change/fix and they'll get to it when they get to it.

There are other bugs that bother me to a similar degree but I've resisted the urge (well... mostly) to shout about them every time a new OB release arrives and they aren't fixed.

Edited by Skyracer