DCS JU-88

FlankerKiller

Lets hope that the sales of the DeHavilland Mosquito will be so high, that ED will want to follow-on with a Ju-88 :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

One of the major reasons I haven't had too much interest in DCS:WW2 so far is the lack of bomber modules. Mosquito is a good move. Ju-88 would be another.

Fw190 A-8 can carry 2 rockets and 4 bombs at once... for WW2 standard that's a bomber :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Need i say more. Its a level bomber, a dive bomber, and a torpedo bomber.

Respectfully - one issue I see with "DCS world" is lack of the "world" itself. It is rather "DCS random". Try to make any balanced and periodically correct planeset for any time period.

Within the WW2 the closest you can get is Spitfire, FW-190A8 and Mustang. Thus we are around D-Day?

I am no plane-pedia but Ju-88 had many variants and not inevitably every one was able to fulfill all the roles. And as DCS is more exact-plane oriented compared to other sims you are most likely not getting plane able to do all the roles. And I think that later Ju-88's were unable to do dive bombing (correct me if I am wrong).

Thus question eventually is: Which version of the plane?

Once again it would be single-sided module as possible Mosquito should be rather a fighter type.

For me: Late version of the Ju-88? Why not, but give us also same period B-25!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I dream about DCS making this flyable. A4 is the perfect pick as it was the most abundant. The bomber versions of the later 88 could dive however a lot of crews removed the dive brakes thus trading some accuracy for extra survival speed.

A couple of things I noticed wrong about the current AI in beta while watching videos of it.

1)Cowling flaps (Kuhlerklappen) are shut tight during loaded cruise in summer--not likely

2)Landing gear comes down in 5 seconds, real 88 took about 30 seconds

Otherwise its beautiful

Please DCS - make my favorite plane flyable!

skud

I9-9900K@ 5.2 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB G Skill TridentZ@4133Mhz, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390, NVidia Titan Xp w/Arctic Air Cooler, 3 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 970 Pro, 34" Acer Predator 4K, GVL 224 109 "Skud" Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, CH Throttle Quad, SB AE-9 + Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, Saitek PZ255 Flight panel, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Got 2.5.6 stable downloaded today and could not figure out how to load the 88 with torps or anything else. Picklists are blank. Also couldn't make it attack an LST only fly over it. I am new at DCS mission editing so maybe I am missing something. If someone has been able to do it in 2.5.6 stable I'd appreciate a couple of tips. Is there a guide someone could give me a link to.

Man! it's a gorgeously ugly plane though. The lighting and textures in DCS are top class. I want to fly it!

skud

I9-9900K@ 5.2 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB G Skill TridentZ@4133Mhz, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390, NVidia Titan Xp w/Arctic Air Cooler, 3 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 970 Pro, 34" Acer Predator 4K, GVL 224 109 "Skud" Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, CH Throttle Quad, SB AE-9 + Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, Saitek PZ255 Flight panel, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

• 3 weeks later...
Got 2.5.6 stable downloaded today and could not figure out how to load the 88 with torps or anything else. Picklists are blank. Also couldn't make it attack an LST only fly over it. I am new at DCS mission editing so maybe I am missing something. If someone has been able to do it in 2.5.6 stable I'd appreciate a couple of tips. Is there a guide someone could give me a link to.

Also 2.5.6 stable here, not seeing the problem on my end.

Just need to hit new -> give it a name -> select station L/R -> right click -> torpedoes ( LT F5b)

At the moment you can't put anything in the bay, so just the L and R pylons.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.