Unable to Compile Fake_Spot_Lights.fx causes Mission Crash

Capt_Dunsil

So as of v2.5.6, there is a new problem running missions that utilize the Civil Objects Mod pack. It kicks out the following error during startup before closing the mission;

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

There wasn't any problem compiling this .fx file with v2.5.5, but for some reason, you guys changed something in v2.5.6 that keeps this particular shader from compiling.

There are a lot of missions that utilize the Civil Objects Mod pack and the author has gone dark. Any chance for a fix on your end?

Thanks,

Capt_Dunsil

• 5 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I will mention it to the team, but as it is a user mod it is up to the mod creator to fix / adapt.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
I will mention it to the team, but as it is a user mod it is up to the mod creator to fix / adapt.

It would be so great if this could somehow be fixed from ED.

I recently noticed that alot of appriciation of my mission: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237072 has been expressed but alas now it can't be played.

So much effort gone to waste since it can't be accessed as it seems. Is it possible to run DCS 2.5.5 version to remove the mod from the mission by chance?

Mentioning this in respect of all missions makers that has used the mod o7

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

• 1 month later...

Due to DCS version 2.5.6 a DX11 renderar error has arisen:

DX11 Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights_fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: Error_Path_Not_Found.

The problem is resolved by adding fx files into the: "DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model" pathway.

FIX: Download this ZIP file and extract the files to the "DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model" folder

Backup files beforehand if needed (always a good habit just in case!)

I just tried loading the Las Vegas Huey Ambulance mission and it loaded without any issues.

Edited by NoFear1979
Narrowed down necessary files for it to work.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Trackhat Headtracker

• 7 months later...

With DCS 2.7 a new roadbump has arisen with the fake_omni_lights2.fx:

Shader "bazar/shaders/model/fake_omni_lights2.fx" failed to compile. Reason: warning x4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 D:\DCS World\bazar\shaders\model\fake_omni_lights2.fx(66, 13-91): error x3017: 'calculate_position': cannot convert output parameter from 'float' to 'float3'

I am trying to figure this one out but if anyone else comes up with a fix please post it 🙂

Trackhat Headtracker