2.5.6 night lighting

Avalanche110

Hello Everyone!

this has been an issue for me for a while now.

This issue occurs in all modules, on all maps.

night lighting for cities and towns not rendering correctly.

If i look above, or along the horizon line, then the lighting effects render correctly.

if i look below the horizon line, the lighting effects will break up and render in alternating eyes.

As I recall, this was present prior to 2.5.6 (didn't really fly at night much)

However, I find it more pronounced on 2.5.6 because of the updates to the lighting.

I use Pimax 5K+, latest drivers, and have played around with Pitool settings such as.

parallel projection.

hidden area mask

vive only compatibility.

PICTURE ON LEFT IS NORMAL LIGHTING EFFECT. PICTURE ON RIGHT IS ABNORMAL, AND FLICKERS RAPIDLY

Im curious if this is my hardware, or a DCS issue....

Thanks for the feedback

NORMAL.thumb.png.08b045329b4372f69fd8c7f3a4f57441.png

ABNORMAL.thumb.png.3485491873bfdc0c034e6331651d66cd.png

Hello Everyone!

this has been an issue for me for a while now.

This issue occurs in all modules, on all maps.

night lighting for cities and towns not rendering correctly.

If i look above, or along the horizon line, then the lighting effects render correctly.

if i look below the horizon line, the lighting effects will break up and render in alternating eyes.

As I recall, this was present prior to 2.5.6 (didn't really fly at night much)

However, I find it more pronounced on 2.5.6 because of the updates to the lighting.

I use Pimax 5K+, latest drivers, and have played around with Pitool settings such as.

parallel projection.

hidden area mask

vive only compatibility.

PICTURE ON LEFT IS NORMAL LIGHTING EFFECT. PICTURE ON RIGHT IS ABNORMAL, AND FLICKERS RAPIDLY

Im curious if this is my hardware, or a DCS issue....

Thanks for the feedback

hmmm, u may try this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269320

• 2 weeks later...

Ive seen this happen but not just at night.

But oddly - very rarely. only once was it out of control and that was in the day strangely enough.

There was something on the runway. Like a piece of metal - a small silver strip. it shone brightly at first then went full on gangsta laser show.

Its not happened for a while which is weird.

There are a hand full of lighting issues being brought up of late. Something I am discovering myself too.

Night time clouds in thunderstorms being bright white - not seeing the sea etc etc…

Hopefully ED will offer us an update soon. for now - its looking like day time flying only.

• 2 weeks later...

It's super-noticeable for me at dawn or sunset. Also using Pimax 5K+. It's different per-eye, but the DCS screenshot function captures the problem okay. This is also an issue at night time, but when the sun is near the horizon it is at its worst. Headache-inducing.

Screen_200504_020402.thumb.png.72c0a9f047c45d36b8a955b0153bc9b5.png

• 1 year later...