F16 DLZ - WIP or correct as it is?

Sharpe_95

Its obviously very hard to keep track of which F16 has what so I apologise to the Dev's if this is not for our F16 (or if this has already been covered and is WIP).

During the late 1980s the A/B variants had a series of 'tapes' (updates) as part of a mid-life update (MLU) program (finished around 1997?) that (as far as I can tell) bought them more in line with the software and equipment that would be on the C/D block 50s.

Part of the M2 tape update included a DLZ with more information on it than the original F16s. Including markers for RAERO, ROPT, RPI RTR & R-MIN.

See the document linked 'F16A-B Block 20 MLU Pilots Guide' Pp54-57:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/manuals/[aviation]%20-%20[manuals]%20-%20F-16A-B%20MLU%20Pilot%20Guide%20Part%202.pdf

Can one of the Devs/Mods indicate if we are expecting to get this enhanced DLZ in the DCS F16 at any point or if we are stuck with the limited one we have ATM?

Not complaining, would just like to know if there is more on the way?

-S

Edited by Sharpe_95

Short answer:

Might not apply for our DCS F-16

Long answer:

All F-16 are constantly updated or upgraded at different rates. This also changes by country since each country has a specific budget for those upgrades/updates and different priorities. This is not like consumer products where updates are free. Most update cost money in one way or another.

So a Belgium F-16A in 1997 will be different that the same aircraft in 2000, 2003 etc. Same way a USAF F-16C block 50 in 1996 was and is different from same aircraft in 2000, 2003 etc. Further more, not all aircraft are updated/upgraded at the same time. So there are many occasion where a unit may have some aircraft updated and not other. For example: in 2007, 80th Fighter squadron was converting from block 30 to block 40 with CCIP upgrade completed. So during that time, the Squadron had Block 30, block 40 and all with different paint and tail marking. Lastly, a USAF F-16C block 50 from 2007 will be different than a Greek F-16C block 50 from 2003.

What is different? Different software from different computer (DFLCC, SMS, FCR, etc) Weight and balance is different since they all have different internal equipment. There a differences in cockpit arrangement ( different panels in different locations). Weapons capabilities and availability is different and pilots and maintenance crews have different training. So what is true for one specific F-16 will not be for many others.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Short answer:

Might not apply for our DCS F-16

Long answer:

All F-16 are constantly updated or upgraded at different rates. This also changes by country since each country has a specific budget for those upgrades/updates and different priorities. This is not like consumer products where updates are free. Most update cost money in one way or another.

So a Belgium F-16A in 1997 will be different that the same aircraft in 2000, 2003 etc. Same way a USAF F-16C block 50 in 1996 was and is different from same aircraft in 2000, 2003 etc. Lastly, a USAF F-16C block 50 from 2007 will be different than a Greek F-16C block 50 from 2003.

What is different? Different software from different computer (DFLCC, SMS, FCR, etc) Weight and balance is different since they all have different internal equipment. There a differences in cockpit arrangement ( different panels in different locations). Weapons capabilities and availability is different and pilots and maintenance crews have different training. So what is true for one specific F-16 will not be for many others.

Hi mvsags,

Yes I agree its hard to tell which ones get which. When you say 'may not apply to our F16' are you certain it does not or speculating?

As I say in my OP I suspect a Dev or Mod may need to answer this to get a definitive answer less someone has something solid to go on - so many flavours of F16 out there as you say :-S

-S

I will rephrase,

The information in the PDF is not relevant to the real life USAF F-16C block 50 after CCIP upgrade in 2007 and is up to ED if they what to incorporate this or not.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I will rephrase,

The information in the PDF is not relevant to the real life USAF F-16C block 50 after CCIP upgrade in 2007 and is up to ED if they what to incorporate this or not.

Hi mvsags - I appreciate the document is not relevant to our F16 (as per my OP). So your saying our F16 definitely does not have this type of DLZ and therefore its a question of whether or not ED choose to add it anachronistically?

-S