Refueling the turkey

Sublimearrepentido

:book:

Ok thanks. Id seen someones mention of their settings with their logitechb3d pro. My deadzone and curves are around 20-30 and like you said around 50.on rudder. Ill revisit the issue when I fly later today.

I know military bets have written real joysticks have much more resistance than what we use and gaming joysticks are way too twitchy. Sonce adding curbes and deadzone I have noticed better flying but I havent even attempted refueling in months Im so traumatized. ?(banjo plays in the distance,; Jester shouting "youre teasin it!!" *shudder* guys.. i think jester touched me)

Try 25 with deadzone of 4

Thanks for more patience than I would have had. Have a beautiful weekend sir, and again please accept my sincerest apologies.

I know because certain spray tanned dudes everyone thinks americans have baby hands. Unfortunately I dont have them and my thumbs cover more than 1 key easily

LOL, no, we're all well aware that he's the freak, don't worry. :)

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Thanks.

24 curve dead zone 4 for pitch and roll?

What about rudder?

Thanks

Try the same and increase if you think it is necessary. It is not necessary to try bellow that!

Throttle: try a negative number with slider check. Mine is -15.

Hope I could help

Whats a slider check?

The negative number throttle is GENIUS omg that solves my twitchiness problem so much since the stick has a crap throttle

When you tune the axis there is a check box named slider. Mark it.

When you tune the axis there is a check box named slider. Mark it.

Why? What does it change?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I came here to say this but noticed it has already been mentioned. I discovered this with the F-16 setting the axis as slider gave me much better fine grained control to balance out the attitude. I mean with the joystick not the throttle.

I still have trouble with the F-16 the boom operator pushes me out of the way but I decided I'd jump back into the F-14 and give slider a go there! OMG I can hit the basket within seconds now and for the first time managed to completely top up with ony 1 disconnect.

Edited by xnomad

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

The slider control definitely helped.

Im ising a logitech 3dpro so my throttle is legit 3 inches.

The slider allows it to feel like irs 9 inches or so. Much more granular.

Thanks for the tutorial.tips.

Ive watched about 5 so far. At this point its either

A. Become a RIO and fly online only

B practice practice practice

C ig ore the problem excepr occasionally where ill practice 2 hrs then break stuff in a rage.

C will probably happen.

Eventually I ver I refuel. The boom WOULD be easier IMHO

I've just been reading Chuck's guide on the Tomcat and in his AAR advice he suggests using the stick only for pitch and adjusting lateral movement with little rudder inputs. It felt super weird when I tried it (although I only tried it once), but it made me curious, do any of you actually do this or do you just use the stick for roll?

I've just been reading Chuck's guide on the Tomcat and in his AAR advice he suggests using the stick only for pitch and adjusting lateral movement with little rudder inputs. It felt super weird when I tried it (although I only tried it once), but it made me curious, do any of you actually do this or do you just use the stick for roll?

I don't touch rudder during AAR and would like to see his stunt with a banking tanker.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Chuck's guides are basically a quick reference, not the be all end all. If something doesn't feel right for you, feel free to do what feels right for you.

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Chucks guides are gold.

Hiwever Ill tell you just from flying dozens of missions where Ill make kinor adjustments - or try to - with the rudder. Its a pita. I end up saying "[oh %&@*#& it" and banking like a normal person 98% of the time.

If it doesnt feel right dont do it.

Frankly it almost never feels right. Center out the rudder trim and just use the rudder where you got to - to help with stuff , get out of spins, and with rolls but be really careful shes so easy to get into an impossible spin.

The only really heavy rudder use for me is last minute landing on carrier stuff. Usually thats a REALLY bad sign too if Im using my rudder like crazy as Im landing as it means I think im prolly gonna hit something parked!

Personally my big flub is I always forget to turn of SAS yaw and pitch for dogfighting.

And since I turned labels off I SUCK at dogfighting. I shoulda never wver used them. I never did in Il2 and Im fine. Terrible in this. God. Its embarrassing

Hell Ive dogfought a few times and realized I was still in autopilot ha ha

After connecting go forward and up. Practice this first. You can go a lot forward and up till the Tankers wing is almost in the middle of your HUD. Avoid wakes though. This gives you the feeling how much actualy you can move back n forth, up n down without disconnecting. And you can move a lot!!! Just take the tension of the refueling tube.

Watch rudder inputs! Your airspeed changes only because of rudder inputs, if not happy with that constant changes, put the feet on the floor.

The more the wings are swept back, the easier it is. After a few hrs practice you can refuel in auto mode.

Trim your AC to the tankers speed, better a little slow trim than too fast trim. Pulling your stick is easier than pushing.

Seat height in the cockpit a little lower to see more of the tanker.

Good luck, enjoy...

Edited by River

@Sublime: Unintentional spins? How do you do that? Normally it takes deliberate actions... or serious damage.

Last time I heard SMEs suggest only Roll SAS to Off for a dogfight.

@River: Many vpilots here say otherwise - the more aft the wings the easier - me too.

@Sublime: Unintentional spins? How do you do that? Normally it takes deliberate actions... or serious damage.

@River: Many vpilots here say otherwise - the more aft the wings the easier - me too.

Of course, already edited. That was bad advice haha. Thx

God I wish I knew.

Its weird it happens at low speed high AOA stuff sometimes and othertimes it seems I can get into huge mess at altitude just handling her wrong.

99 times I fly her fine. Then one day ill fly and get her in a flat spin doing the most basic $hit.

These arent your regular spins either. Theyre like sideways flat spins when I get them and Im fckd. Nothing saves you and you cant gain speed. Weird stuff.

And In not new at all to flight sims and have been in real planes besides airliners. Ive even had F14s do a sonic boom while I was a civvie on the CV65 for a dependents day and other cool stuff :) not that it matters a damn for the flying.

Im trying to think of how I can describe it.. one easy way I noticed to really get in trouble with the F14 is using the rudder like any other plane. Dont know why, but that rudder unless used for small stuff will get you in trouble especially if youre not level.

Ive had that rudder throw me out of control in banks before, gentle bank applying rudder and hell breaks loose.

God I wish I knew.

Its weird it happens at low speed high AOA stuff sometimes and othertimes it seems I can get into huge mess at altitude just handling her wrong.

99 times I fly her fine. Then one day ill fly and get her in a flat spin doing the most basic $hit.

These arent your regular spins either. Theyre like sideways flat spins when I get them and Im fckd. Nothing saves you and you cant gain speed. Weird stuff.

Has it happened with auto pilot engaged? As it's using trim to level your flight your maneuvering (while forgetting to turn off AP) can get trim thrown to the extremes and then you have no idea what is your stick doing when you have no force feeling like with FFB sticks. In situation like that only thing that saves you is the AOA meter - move the stick to let AOA go down, retrim, get into downward attitude and you'll regain speed and control.

Edited by draconus