Forum Skin [*Merged]

EvilBivol-1

change and calming

I like it. Change is good and it means things are being worked on. It's much easier on the eyes, and studies show that blue is calming... maybe it will cut down on some of the debates :lol:

Edit:

Now I have to change my Sig to match ... lol

It is said that change is the only constant. I accept and agree with that. But it's not always merely good. I also agree that blue has been seen as a calming color. I've painted my bedroom blue just for the "calming effect" of the color. But here in the body of the text box it's just not working FOR me. I feel my (old) eyes working due to the decreased contrast of the text and the background. Perhaps the powers that be might consider changing the text box to a white background. That's really my only gripe about the new color scheme. Other than that I like the changes. So how about a trial to see what people think of a white text box?

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I think I know now why I don't like the new colour scheme... for one I don't find reading text any harder, for me its just the same but the dark blue, for me, associates with see/ocean dark blue waters... not the sky (in terms of air combat) or ground (ground attack warfare, be it by aircraft, helicopter or ground vehicles). The red.. well... it's simply in contrast with blue... I feel everything should be in similar colour tone with indiscrete addition of 1, possibly 2 colours.

No longer active in DCS...

Please update now all the stock icons to something that fits the theme more.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

and ... what's wrong with constructive criticism.

I find it amusing that only one person submits a new theme but 10's of people want to criticise the new one. I still say the new theme is excelent! Really fits into a simulator developed by Eagle Dynamics.

its not constructive. 3 months ago it might have been. its probably a bit like developing some advanced military equipment and then after its put on the production line the opposition pick holes in it, calling it a waste of billions of dollars. Sound familiar?

errr...well yeah, you're right in a way, we did get a chance to chip in ideas before they came up with this scheme but then again I for one never even really noticed that thread, also in my theory, if someone does come up with something new if it really isn't that good I think it's better putting it back to drawing board and adjust what ever isn't up to scratch rather then leaving it be... in kind of unfinished way.

My "criticism" is definitely constructive, I point out why I feel it doesn't fit and if most share the same view why would it be so wrong to let ED know how we feel?

No longer active in DCS...

I find it amusing that only one person submits a new theme but 10's of people want to criticise the new one.

On the contrary, it's business-as-usual that the message was ignored.

If no one was interested in a new theme, it means they liked the old one.

Anyway, no point arguing now. The solution is final.

-SK

• Like 2

its not constructive. 3 months ago it might have been. its probably a bit like developing some advanced military equipment and then after its put on the production line the opposition pick holes in it, calling it a waste of billions of dollars. Sound familiar?

Other than you- who cares what you think? Everyone here is entitled to speak their mind about the colors as they see fit- with or without your authorization.

• Like 2

We understand the original DCS colors were popular, as were the Lock On colors. We liked them, too. However, it doesn't make sense to run a company forum with different colors in different sections. It also doesn't make sense to adopt DCS colors for the Lock On sections and vice versa. So, a new theme for the entire forum was needed. We gave forum members plenty of time to contribute their ideas. Nobody did (with one exception). Now, however, the time for contribution on this matter is over. I don't have anything against members voicing their opinions - and maybe ED will still make small adjustments - but I do find the criticism a little ironic.

P.S. IIRC, the DCS colors were at first recieved with mixed reviews as well. ;) IMHO, a few days from now everyone will adjust to the new theme. Personally - I like it a lot.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Well I'm sorry I (somehow) missed out on the posting about changing the format. Having said that, remember that most people can find acceptance in a lot of changes as long as they've had their say. I had mine, so I'm jiggy with it now.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Woah! VERY vERY fitting and nice skin. :) Well done. graphics are NIIIICE. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I like the new skin (especially the new top side, buttons and banner), yes the red and blue horisontal lines are a bit strong but, I think is a matter of time till we adapt to the change.

From me is a +1 :D

P.S. Some of the icons from the posts or threads headers could be made in the same "color scheme" but, a bit more "expresive". :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think I preferred the arrows forum_new.gif:v: .
Hmm... Arrows weren't good either. I think they are looking for something that will fit here. Maybe DCS logo or Eagle from ED logo in red (unread) and blue (read) version would be better? It could familiarize everyone who step in here with the mark and make it more popular. I can't see Eagle Dynamics logo anywhere here... Why? There's only "ED forum" text.

Man, we are so whiny like an old woman :D.

Second thing - I like this skin more and more. I have fully got used to it I must say I really like it.