[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Weird radar behavior

fmedges

This once is a little hard to explain and I have a track file which I’ll attach once I get back to my desktop. The radar started to act strangely in the air. Went from tws to rws and tried to undesignate but that wasn’t working so I put the radar in standby. I landed and on the runway turned off nws and then back on and my radar started tracking targets while I was on the ground and it was in standby. I had the shoot cue rolling down the runway. I’ll attached a track file soon. The server I was n cuts off the last 10 minutes, but hopefully this will still provide some good data. The file was too big to attach so here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72sabzc6zhu1am2/Gunslinger%20Training%20Command-20200429-203400.trk?dl=0

Edited by fmedges

+1 I have this issue too. It is like when I press NWS switch, radar in TWS will display a target memory. It will never leave unless I switch radar OFF and back on. But still, it persists if I press NWS.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 3 weeks later...

I think I’ve had the same issue. I don’t get it all the time, but have had it consistently on the Dire Straits mission. As soon as I pull up TWS it locks a memory target no where near my scan zone. Reset doesn’t clear it. Haven’t tried turning the radar off and back on

• 2 weeks later...

F-18 Radar turns ON after landing on SC

Not sure if this was already reported and if this is a SC bug or an F-18 bug, but a few seconds after I land on SC the radar locks on a target and it stays locked even if I turn it off.

Track file too large to attach. So I uploaded on dropbox.

Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0qfq13wm7s03x1/F-18C_Intercept_PG.trk?dl=0

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

It did that even before SC, once landed, after folding the wings when I pressed NWS to have hi gain, it would lock on a target. You have to press the reset OSB on the radar page to drop the contact, I hope they'll fix this thing soon.

Yeah this happened to me many times before the SC as well after landing. Even happened on land AB's too.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So funny that they labeled this thread with a [NEED TRACK REPLAY] even though I have provided one on my post above.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

So funny that they labeled this thread with a [NEED TRACK REPLAY] even though I have provided one on my post above.

Even fmedges provided one. Since both of you said that the track was too big to attach on the forum, I think they need a new one because big tracks in DCS always get corrupted and don't show what actually happened.

We need to provide a short track, maybe from a premade mission with just a straight in landing, so that the track doesn't (hopefully) get corrupted.