Simple on-screen keyboard for input fields in VR

RealDCSpilot

I wish we could have an optional and simple on-screen keyboard with letters and numbers to be able to manage certain stuff in VR. Like putting in IP adresses etc. and much more important, to manage markers with naming conventions for mission planning and weapon programming on the F10 map in multiplayer.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I wish we could have an optional and simple on-screen keyboard with letters and numbers to be able to manage certain stuff in VR. Like putting in IP adresses etc. and much more important, to manage markers with naming conventions for mission planning and weapon programming on the F10 map in multiplayer.
Maybe that would be cool.

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134 by @lefuneste01 has a great function that allows JTAC 9-lines to be left on screen, taking away the need to remove your VR headset to type/write them down.

And also to see in cockpit the coordinates displayed when in map mode.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Thank you for your dedication! Community does AGAIN the job of ED.

But I am not interested in fiddling around with several mods to get what is an absolute base feature for DCS. Its the job of ED to provide this basic game features as a core functionality.

You might have a bit of a wait, but it's your choice, of course.

I'm using it alongside VAICOM Pro and the really useful JTAC Coordinates mod, by @_mu110_, which makes it far more straightforward to setup target waypoints and doesn't necessitate the totally immersion-breaking removal of the headset. I just say "text copy" and the 9-line on the screen is preserved until i tell it to either turn the "text off", in which case i can bring it back, with "text show", or "text delete", which gets rid of it altogether.