Datalink with AI F-14

electricaltill

I haven't done this in a while, but iirc you can establish fighter link with any aircraft in your flight (group) via the Jester comms menu or as a RIO yourself if you like. When you select Link 4C (either through Jester or setting the on/off/aux switch on the datalink control panel to "aux") you will establish datalink with the aircraft in your flight (up to 4). Note that you can only use either Link 4A (awacs or carrier or ship) or link 4C as they use the same receiver and transmitter, so it is either/or only, but never both. Link 4C is set automatically between wingmen in 1 group. IIRC you cannot setup 4C with aircraft outside of your group.

Hope that helps.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I haven't done this in a while, but iirc you can establish fighter link with any aircraft in your flight (group) via the Jester comms menu or as a RIO yourself if you like. When you select Link 4C (either through Jester or setting the on/off/aux switch on the datalink control panel to "aux") you will establish datalink with the aircraft in your flight (up to 4). Note that you can only use either Link 4A (awacs or carrier or ship) or link 4C as they use the same receiver and transmitter, so it is either/or only, but never both. Link 4C is set automatically between wingmen in 1 group. IIRC you cannot setup 4C with aircraft outside of your group.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks very much! So I don't need to change anything except the datalink switch to aux, and it should work?

Yes, thanks very much! So I don't need to change anything except the datalink switch to aux, and it should work?

correct, and with Jester you should have a fighter to fighter link option in the datalink section in the jester menu. Note, if you want to establish 4C with human players in MP, they need to be spawned likewise in your group.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

correct, and with Jester you should have a fighter to fighter link option in the datalink section in the jester menu. Note, if you want to establish 4C with human players in MP, they need to be spawned likewise in your group.

But Link 4C should be able to transmit your wingmans radar targets correct? I forget how many but maybe 4?

I've never been able to make this work........

Any tricks? Does it work in MP? Does the wingman radar have to be in TWS - maybe why AI never works?

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Sorry to reply with a post more than a year behind, but I cannot make this work. Put the datalink switch to AUX don't show anything in the TID from my AI wingman.

Also setting 300.0mhz don't do anything. I don't know if I have to set any parameter in ME to make it work.

Edit: I see they are transmiting their position in 300.0mhz but I cannot see anything that they identify. So Datalink only show their actual positions.

Edited by Japo32

• 7 months later...

so.... link-4c doesnt work with ai wingmen at all now? i order jester to switch to fighter-to-fighter datalink but i dont see my ai wingmans position, nor their targets.

is this human-human only?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, IronMike said:

Hope that helps.

Seeking clarification of LINK4C only working between F14 fighter groups:

Currently LINK4C will only work if the 2,3, or 4 tomcats are in the same group within mission editor.  F14s from different groups cannot connect even if frequency is correct and addresses are different.

Does anyone know if this built as intended? If not, any timeline for future development/implementation?

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Aspen702 said:

Seeking clarification of LINK4C only working between F14 fighter groups:

Currently LINK4C will only work if the 2,3, or 4 tomcats are in the same group within mission editor.  F14s from different groups cannot connect even if frequency is correct and addresses are different.

Does anyone know if this built as intended? If not, any timeline for future development/implementation?

Thanks! 

Yes, that's how it currently works and that is intended. And yes, it's annoying, especially if you want to fly with your buddies on a big public server that just has a lot of random Tomcat slots.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg