Engine RPM massively decreased at low level flight...

D4n

Hi, after a very long high flight (with torpedo tank), when I was at low altitude again, after 1-2 min of low and fast flying my engine RPM suddenly massively decreased, as you can see..... fuel was there, that wasn't the issue... and none of the other gauges indicating anything suspicious, right? If I was leaking hydraulics/oil, then a gauge here would indicate that, right? Same with radiator flap, if that were broken, wouldn't it indicate if something overheats?

I had dropped my fuel tank, fuel tank lever in off position... (I did correct procedure, fuel-cock was off the entire flight until I dropped external tank, after dropping I switched fuel-cock on)

I'm starting to believe that either I'm reaching the point that some things about the spit are still broken and affecting multiplayer, or the engine/gearbox or something is modeled so crazy accurate that I don't know what happened here...

(milliseconds before crash, I pressed fuel gauge to prove that fuel was full. And yes, my RPM lever was fully forward)

I switched fuel-pressurize on because I was in desperate distress, hoped it would improve it

spit.jpg

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

(edited, sorry)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

1800 is minimum RPM the propeller governor can provide in flight (or during ground runup), so maybe the governor got damaged somehow... or you've got some duplicated control assignment for prop RPM, which you activated by mistake?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm not playing DCS at the moment, so I can't do any testing but a track file from a flight where this has occurred would be really helpful to examine.

I experienced something similar when I last played but unfortunately it was during long-ish multiplayer sessions and my track files rarely last beyond the takeoff run (that's a separate issue that's been around for ages).

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

1800 is minimum RPM the propeller governor can provide in flight (or during ground runup), so maybe the governor got damaged somehow... or you've got some duplicated control assignment for prop RPM, which you activated by mistake?

Might be it!!! I was at over 30.000 ft when I saw artillery shells exploding near me (wtf?? Normandy/DCS has WW2 artillery that can shoot that high?? Any idea which unit?), and once or twice I heard an explosion right below my airframe, so yes, probably was that "governor".

1800 definitely isn't enough for level-flight though, right?

Which flak type is what I meant. lol I just check, germans had a 8,8 cm Flak 41 in WW2, that must've been the cause! (operated by a crew of 3, whoa) Crazy times, crazy times.

Wow, even Flak 36 could reach 32,500 ft I just read, daaamn! :(

I can tell for 100%. your engine was dead. This is whyi don't like new sounds,In spitfire you cant hear the difference if engine is out or not.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1800 definitely isn't enough for level-flight though, right?

1800 is enough for level flight

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

But, should such high caliber FlaK be engaging fighters at all, let alone at such heights? Sounds highly improbable to an uninformed mind.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

But, should such high caliber FlaK be engaging fighters at all, let alone at such heights? Sounds highly improbable to an uninformed mind.

Good point. But Ai will shoot, it don't care that opening fire to fighter up to 30k is total waste.

Yes. There are many reports of 8th Air Force Mustang pilots receiving heavy Flak whilst en route to RV with a bomber stream or heading home at high altitudes - 20-30,000ft.

it don't care that opening fire to fighter up to 30k is total waste.

well it wasn't waste when they managed to destroy my governor and made me crash xD

Large group of planes sure, much higher chance of hit. But open fire to single plane hmm.

Actually, do some research on how the fire directors operated and it's surprising how accurate they could be. They don't need to do ''volley fire'' at a swarm. They are more than capable of accurately engaging a specific aircraft and hitting it dead on as long as it doesn't move. In the case of a single fighter, he'd start moving after the first shell or two exploded, but there's still a small window there where you've got a chance to nail him.

The volley fire was a response to the bomber swarms jinking and making accurate fire difficult, but they can definitely put a round up your arse if you hold still for him.

Can't find the original video, but watched a 1940s USAF training video prepping bomber crews for flak encounters. They were very clear when you saw the first burst, you needed to evade immediately because a corrected shot had already been fired and you had about six seconds before you died.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2