Help me with this Maverick can't lock :S

wizav

You never commanded it to lock.

But it moved on Target .. even TGP target seems to be incorrect..

I did depress on TGP, uncaged Maverick which moved on "target"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks to me like he did . The mav slaved to something . I'd undesignate and try again . Mavs like wires and poles for example .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Maverick looking at the target isn't maverick locked on the target.

All it slaved to was TGP line of sight. That's not a lock, and that's not a lock command.

I did the same again on another map, without changing anything... and it works

I had problems with that Persian gulf island before when I was throwing GPS JDAM's... GPS coordinates were also OFF ... .... that island is like a Bermuda Triangle xD everything is off.

Caucasus works...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it moved on Target .. even TGP target seems to be incorrect..

It moved to the TGP's SPI/LOS.

I did depress on TGP, uncaged Maverick which moved on "target"

TGP remained SOI though out, you never commanded the Maverick to "Lock".

After uncaging the Maverick, you need to make it the SOI (Sensor of Interest) i.e.Sensor Control Switch "Left" will put the diamond in the top right of the Maverick screen.

TDC slew/depress will then allow you to lock the target if in range (Mav tracking gate closes, MAVF no longer crossed out).

See page 224 of Chuck's Guide for more detail.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2vH0WLm5mdu2U3GX8AkB1z6iIP-I_sF/view

IIRC the IR maverick locks easier/sooner (7-5 Nm) when it is set to the narrow/zoomed "field of view".

When slaved to the TGP, the maverick likes to lock near the base of most targets, so you should aim the TGP there (haven't tested in 2.5.6, so YMMV).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Spudknocker on YT has a good vid on the mav-ir and Litening pod use . He is running 2.56 , and uses the soi left only to uncage each mav after designating with pod . All slewing and designating is done with the Litening pod . This is slightly different than what i experience in 2.55 , as i only soi left once . Maybe Ed fixed a bug . The chuck's guide reference is for mav-f's without the pod .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My perception is that the MAV search is more stable & lock is more reliable in 2.5.6. Still not great when there are lots of contrasting objects around what you want it to lock on to, it's kind of like jamming a radar by surround the target with false returns to prevent or spoof a lock

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S