Gazelle: Is it this easy to fly?

Hewllo all,

I know... its been asked a thousand times on the forums already, but since I'm enjoying the free month, thanks to our friend at ED/Polychop, and I'm enjoying to fly this little bird, I have to ask: Is it this easy to fly?

My first impression it was too squirly, a small movement taking the chopper everywhere.

However, with a little bit of adjusting curve magic, and watching other peoples tutorials and etc, I found it to be very, very easy, docile at the controls chopper.

It took me years to learn the Huey, training here and there, and the Huey is always too heavy and underpowered. The Gazelle is very light and thus, very powerful. And I can do fine control with it.

Maybe its me, maybe the Huey has been a good school, but the Gazelle has me suprised in a good way. Considering to buy it now, since I've tested and liked it a lot.

P.S.1: I'm not a primarily rotor head guy.

P.S.2: Controls are easy, but I still feel the collective to be very very sensitive. I have to really fine tune it in my control.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

My first answer is "I dont know"

Yes is much easier comparing with the UH , MI or K50 and take time get used after the other choppers.

There are millions of opinion against the FM , yes sometimes it looks an RC helicopter buy Im not a really helicopter pilot so I only can compare with the other modules

To me is a fun helo, the camera IR is excelent to nigh attacks, the short range of the HOT make yourself plan a lot the attack using the enviroment to hidden, another think I like is hunt people in PvP server with the mistral some people really piss off when you kill a super modern jet with a little helicopter

Tjanks for the replies.

Yes, I do love the old, heavy and well armed Huey.

But the Gazelle is very fun to fly.

And regarding the use of the HOT3...let's say I'm having a little bit of difficulty trying to finish the static tanks mission on Caucausus map...

But it is great to fly really low and hide behind buildings and other structures.

Great training for the upcoming Kiowa.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

The key to me against tanks is , they can fire to you at much more distance than you, and if there are 4 tanks, you can engage one but there are other three against you.

So I allways try is find the correct place to engage one tank at the time and use terrain, buildings what ever to keep you in covert from the other tanks, many times is difficult to achive and take a lot of time but it can be done.

Sometimes a good solution is engage while moving, climb and descend, and only go direct to the tank when you are ready to fire.

Other DCS modules achieve to transfer the soul of the aircraft to our monitors, VR headsets and controllers. The gazelle doesn't achieve that, it just flies like a replaceable rotor-thingy, disguised as an SA343 like in a generic action game.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules