US Navy / USMC Ai Pack

Hi, with the incoming supercarrier coming and some Ai models missing some love (F-14A/ S-2/SH-60/CH-53/AH1, I decided i should do something.

I'm probably going to end up retexturing those Ai with generic photoreal textures.

The SH-60 went from a 256 texture to a photoreal 4096. my goal if available is to make the whole Aircraft to use with the LHA / CVN70 until better Ai come.

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

• Like 2

It's looking great! I'm looking forward to update my CV AI units with your mod. Just one comment. I can see you are using the US roundel insignia from the USAF. It is silouetted, and that's something from the USAF, in USN and USMC the insiginia is solid. I noticed the default S-3 has the same issue. It should be as in the attachment.

Thanks!!

2560px-Rounde(low_vis).thumb.png.bb1ce1f457df2c802bc313e9f22cf15c.png

Yes the roundel is in one texture file common to many aircrafts... same goes for the NAVY writing...unfortunately, the paintkits are done that sometimes you cannot put specific markings on them, or it goes mirroring the labels... i'll try to do the least wort option. but those paintkits are nightmare and extra low resolution. :(

Now i'm stuck. i Finished working on the Seaking, to discover that the model is hidden in the mission editor or encyclopedia.

screenshot.jpg

anyone who could point me how to activate old Ai models. probably a simple trick in a lua file, but nowhere to look... :disgust:

Awesome find with the SH-3!! Would love to have that on the Forrestal with the F-14 and A-6

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Awesome find with the SH-3!! Would love to have that on the Forrestal with the F-14 and A-6

It's been present as a module for as long as I can remember, alongside an AH-1G, but the SH-3 model is really, really outdated - it's in the same boat as the SH-60 and CH-53E

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

probably it will be failed on the IC but you can re-activate SH-3W and Ka-52 in the Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

search for Ka-52 in the file

delete the two minus signs on the beginning of the line:

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Ka-52"); -- that's for the Russian helicopters -adds the Ka-52

now search for CH-53

add this line

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "SH-3W"); -- that's for the USA helicopters -adds the Sea King

...or you can use the common way through Saved_Games folder (add the choppers to the list or put them into an Encyclopedia-library)

;)

• Like 1

sign-pic4.jpg

probably it will be failed on the IC but you can re-activate SH-3W and Ka-52 in the Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

search for Ka-52 in the file

delete the two minus signs on the beginning of the line:

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Ka-52"); -- that's for the Russian helicopters -adds the Ka-52

now search for CH-53

add this line

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "SH-3W"); -- that's for the USA helicopters -adds the Sea King

...or you can use the common way through Saved_Games folder (add the choppers to the list or put them into an Encyclopedia-library)

;)

THANKS A LOT ! GOD BLESS YOU ! i was thinking that i lost a whole day of working on this one : The Seaking was sometimes used to deliver the mail onboard, so here some good postcards :smilewink:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Next is the S-3 Viking. i'll probably include each times two skins template (one with the old liveries and one with the latest ones allowing players to have Ai assets ranging from the 70's to the 2000's)

• Like 1

Fantastic work on the SH-3 and the SH-60! :thumbup:

If only ED made at least one of those two helicopters a full-scale module to complement the SC module... :noexpression:

(Checking the Hornet and SC threads though tells me they have enough trouble to deal with now)

Turning SH-3H and SH-60B into a full-scale module needs underwater environment simulation for DCS. Unfortunately, to create a relatively realism underwater curriculum, DCS needs very, very long way to go.

So, the HH-60H(yes, SAR version Seahawk) to be a full-scale module is a more realistic choise.

So here are Tonight Screenshots. Various Seakings, various Eras, for maximum compatibility with your future missions. I'll add probably 3/4 more seaking skins, then 4/5 skins for the SH-60 then finish with the viking with around 6 Skins.

Next will be USMC Ai Skin pack for naval ops.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Please note that the skins are deliberately innacurate in terms of markings. the model paintkit is using a lot mirroring, so it's better to use ''symmetric letters'' to end up with a less gross result.

• Like 1

Turning SH-3H and SH-60B into a full-scale module needs underwater environment simulation for DCS. Unfortunately, to create a relatively realism underwater curriculum, DCS needs very, very long way to go.

So, the HH-60H(yes, SAR version Seahawk) to be a full-scale module is a more realistic choise.

We are derailing the thread. Of course I am the culprit because I brought up the topic :music_whistling:

That said, I don't think it requires an ASW simulation. The pilot isn't involved in the whole ASW thing very much, the ASW operators do that job. I just want to fly that thing. There are many other things to do for a naval helicopter apart from ASW.

Jonny, please take a look at this

https://www.helis.com/h/wls61_4.jpg

Edited by Pilot Ike

We are derailing the thread. Of course I am the culprit because I brought up the topic :music_whistling:

That said, I don't think it requires an ASW simulation. The pilot isn't involved in the whole ASW thing very much, the ASW operators do that job. I just want to fly that thing. There are many other things to do for a naval helicopter apart from ASW.

Jonny, please take a look at this, wink-wink :smilewink:

wls61_4.jpg

Actually, we are on the same page. I need a naval helicopter to implement many missions - SAR, Helicopter Vertical Supplement, Cargo and Personnel transitions and much more...

So I said a pilot-able HH-60H(a Seahawk Variant without ASW equipment) module will be nice.

In case you don't know ED has just updated water effects and water depth simulation and is in the works of adding more subs and torpedos.

btw: Your image doesn't support hot linking so it is always better just to paste the link:

https://www.helis.com/h/wls61_4.jpg

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Nice work! Can't wait to try these.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 4 weeks later...