US Navy / USMC Ai Skin Pack

johnnypropeller

Hi, with the incoming supercarrier coming and some Ai models missing some love (F-14A/ S-2/SH-60/CH-53/AH1, I decided i should do something.

I'm probably going to end up retexturing those Ai with generic photoreal textures.

The SH-60 went from a 256 texture to a photoreal 4096. my goal if available is to make the whole Aircraft to use with the LHA / CVN70 until better Ai come.

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

MERGED THREAD

NICE JOB :thumbup: on those old skins

Would be nice some new/updated skin for that ingame early Ka-52 3D model too

0908101.jpg0909041.jpg

1254244.jpg1498389.jpg

Now i'm stuck. i Finished working on the Seaking, to discover that the model is hidden in the mission editor or encyclopedia.

screenshot.jpg

anyone who could point me how to activate old Ai models. probably a simple trick in a lua file, but nowhere to look... :disgust:

probably it will be failed on the IC but you can re-activate SH-3W and Ka-52 in the Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

search for Ka-52 in the file

delete the two minus signs on the beginning of the line:

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Ka-52"); -- that's for the Russian helicopters -adds the Ka-52

now search for CH-53

add this line

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "SH-3W"); -- that's for the USA helicopters -adds the Sea King

...or you can use the common way through Saved_Games folder (add the choppers to the list or put them into an Encyclopedia-library)

;)

THANKS A LOT ! GOD BLESS YOU ! i was thinking that i lost a whole day of working on this one : The Seaking was sometimes used to deliver the mail onboard, so here some good postcards :smilewink:

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg8.jpg

Next is the S-3 Viking. i'll probably include each times two skins template (one with the old liveries and one with the latest ones allowing players to have Ai assets ranging from the 70's to the 2000's)

Here is the SAR PAX River skin

9.jpg10.jpg

11.jpg

sign-pic4.jpg