VR clouds, smoke and shadow issue

Coranthia

Its not an option its a line you add to the autoexec.exe within your savedgames/dcs/config folder. Be advised though it will also make all the new deck crew on the supercarrier only render in one eye. Along with some canopy reflections and lighting. Its really not a usefull fix.
You can now set it in monitor settings through the GUI, if you switch from 1 monitor to stereo. It does seem noticeably faster. Hope they get it working soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

You can now set it in monitor settings through the GUI, if you switch from 1 monitor to stereo. It does seem noticeably faster. Hope they get it working soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry, wasnt aware of that. I havent had much time in dcs since the latest patch. Just a quick tour of the carrier.

@ED

Why this bug is not reported yet? We´re many month with it. Inexistant in 2.5.5

Is there any feedback about the fix? WHEN is planned?

I heard something about some optimization code in VR not merged yet.

Thins introduce other rendering issues: sea glitches, culling grahics error at screen edges, and cockpit flood light rendered in one eye, engine blur not rendered in one eye.

I hope ED fixes shader parser, I noticed a small fps increase, but I cannot live with issues listed above, those are breaking specially culling problems, sea glitches and light-cockpit flood.

Please note

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

is W.I.P and not complete.

thanks

BigNewy I posted about this in the 1 st page it introduces some other side effect see above quote..

Where do we find this option?

Sorry for the noob question

You would put that line in the autoexec file in saved games/ config..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I think Bignewy is just pointing out that stereo_mode_use_shared_parser is WIP feature. I assume it will increase frame rate when its complete.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Set LODdistance to from 100000 to 75000 in cloud.lua. Break multiplayer that way (integrity check) and stop the bug for clouds. (cloud rendering problem not related to stereo parser)

LODdistance = 75000, -- max distance getting from float smCamera_Implement::GetDistance(viFlag mask=viCloud) = 100000

By the way the rendering bug occcurs with 100000 and 90000. Will try at which LOD distance exactly the clipping error sets in.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Set LODdistance to from 100000 to 75000 in cloud.lua. Break multiplayer that way (integrity check) and stop the bug for clouds. (cloud rendering problem not related to stereo parser)

LODdistance = 75000, -- max distance getting from float smCamera_Implement::GetDistance(viFlag mask=viCloud) = 100000

By the way the rendering bug occcurs with 100000 and 90000. Will try at which LOD distance exactly the clipping error sets in.

Where I can find this line: "LODdistance = 75000, -- max distance getting from float smCamera_Implement::GetDistance(viFlag mask=viCloud) = 100000"

I don't seem to have an autoexec file in dcs saved or main install only an options.lau any ideas why?

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Effects\ParticleSystem2

Many thanks, at least with 75000 is fixed.

Do you know where is the file to fix distance sky contrails??? It appears the same double-rendering problem like clouds

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks, at least with 75000 is fixed.

Do you know where is the file to fix distance sky contrails??? It appears the same double-rendering problem like clouds

smokeTrail.lua maybe?

contrail =
   {    --инверсионный след
       {
           Type = "smokeTrail",
           [b]LODdistance = 20000, -- m[/b]
           ScaleBase = 3,

Lighting = 0.5,

DetailFactorMax = 4.0,

Nozzle    = true,
           NozzleSpeedMin = 200,
           NozzleSpeedMax = 400,

FadeInRange = 350,
           FadeOutHeight = 12000,

Length = 12000,    -- m
           SegmentLength = 100, -- m
           FadeIn = 30, -- m
       }
   },

Dose this bug even have any sort of priority attached to it as it now happens in stable as well as beta versions.

I also just noticed that the sun glare off cockpit displays also renders incorrect in each eye..

I too am getting this since 2.5.6 stable. Seems it's my left eye that doesn't render. Clouds, contrails, tracers as reported and for me it also has some town lighting effects.

I'll try the LOD distance edit and report back.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is happening to me but with the carriers, the circles on the deck (whatever they are, don't know) render in only one eye, the flickering is very annoying. I doubt there is a fix but figured I'd add my experience with this bug. 

Edit:

Setting monitors to Stereo seems to have worked for now, thanks for the tip. 

Edited by SmoglessPanic