TX1 gone in F-14B Tomcat

bumblebomb

Since recently TX1 is greyed out in the ctl-alt-c config dialog.

When I press the HOTAS button Vaicom (the thumb 4way on a TMWH throttle, stick2, button4), Vaicom even lists:

"Transmit TX1 press"

"Transmit TX1 release"

BUT there is no "k-chk!" noise and no messages like on TX2:

"Transmit TX2 press"

Listening resumed

"Transmit TX2 release"

Listening suspended

No idea what got messed up. Pointers appreciated.

Works in the FA-18 so I guess it has to do with F-14 specific options, not sure though.

I got no radio buttons mapped in DCS but let Vaicom handle it all or mapped to "SRS only" buttons.

Edited by bumblebomb
solved

Is TX1 greyed out even when DCS isn't running?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes - will try and have a look at my setup later.

Could you post a screenshot of your config screen when you are in the F14

Also, are you running Vaicom in debug mode - if not, enable this as it might present additional information in the VA log screen that will help with this

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Which config screen exactly? Special options?

There I have "Radio and PTT: Don't use default PTT Radio Menu Buttons for SRS"

and various hotas buttons mapped in "Radio", but just for testing, did not work with no buttons mapped in DCS at all.

Switched on debug logging. Anything specific to look out for?

I was thinking of the Vaicom PTT tab so that we can see exactly what you are seeing (bring it up once you are in the F-14)

In terms of the log messages it was not to look for anything in particular, but just to see if there were any messages that you think are unusual (red or orange squares in particular)

Also forgot to ask if you are trying in single or multi player

Edited by hornblower793
Added question about MP

I have just checked my DCS config for the F14 and I have "Radio Menu and PTT behaviour" set to default. I don't use SRS but might be worth seeing if changing this setting alters what you are seeing

PTT tab:

https://pasteboard.co/J6nv06h.jpg

I'll try the specials option as soon as I'm around the machine again.

Yours is very different to mine - I have the ARC-182 on TX1, the UHF ARC-159 on TX2 and nothing on TX3

I think it is therefore definitely worth trying to change that DCS option and see what happens