AGM-123 Skipper II Rocket assisted LGB

Spudknocker

Hey guys!

I know that the Devs at ED are super busy and overloaded as it is, but I figured that this would be a cool addtion to DCS and the F/A-18C and directly relates to the Persian Gulf Map.

That is the AGM-123 Skipper II rocket Assisted LGB. I came across this weapon while researching Operation Praying Mantis and a number of these weapons were used to sink the Iranian frigate Sahand.

The little info I could find says that the weapon was cleared for use for the A-6E A-7E and the F/A-18 and was created by the weapon wizards at China Lake.

The weapon itself as a GBU-16 (A Mk.83 with Laser Guidance Kit) with a solid fuel rocket motor attached to the rear to increase the standoff distance for the weapon.

it says that the weapon was developed as an Anti-shipping weapon for high altitude standoff attacks against enemy shipping equipped with air defenses, and it was used in this role during operation Praying Mantis.

Kinda cool! I though it would be a novel and interesting addition to the F-18!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

• 4 weeks later...

Now that its good to use against ships and harpoons do nothing, and ships dont kill bombs this would be very useful tbh...

Like only way to kill them is bombs, and now that one acts like an missile... Yessss.. If rhey fix damagemodels then im neutral i see nothing wrong but agm-65e as him said.. Alreadyin yk