Looking for European group with older (over 50) pilots

mb4106

Hi everyone

I am looking for other pilots (group or single) that are not so young any more (I am 58) to fly casually together.

Currently, I frequently fly with pilots the age of my children. It works fine so far, but not only are my reflexes probably not quite up to theirs, but I also feel a bit awkward sometimes.

English or German would be fine, Central European Time preferred.

In my hangar are most of the DCS planes.

If you feel the same, please send me a post.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I'll PM you, F18 Supercarrier, perhaps we could simply fly on the Trough The Inferno servers. I know most of the stuff - by now.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hello fellows

this is my first post here in this forum.

I'm also very interested in this group of old grognards! ;)

I'm german, I'm almost 53 years old and I live in southern bavaria.

I love the F/A-18 and the new supercarrier! But because of lack of time I'm not the best F/A-18 pilot nor do I have multiplayer-experience (but I would love to get some!).

I like to take off, try to fly in close formation and try to recover on "mother" (which I can manage most of the times). I'm still struggling with air-to-air refueling and I have only a little knowledge of the weapons and the radar so far :cry:

That's it for the moment, I would like to hear from you guys.

Happy landings,

Stefan

Edited by Kansti

Hi everyone

I am looking for other pilots (group or single) that are not so young any more (I am 58) to fly casually together.

Currently, I frequently fly with pilots the age of my children. It works fine so far, but not only are my reflexes probably not quite up to theirs, but I also feel a bit awkward sometimes.

English or German would be fine, Central European Time preferred.

In my hangar are most of the DCS planes.

If you feel the same, please send me a post.

Regards

Hey! I'm new in DCS and will start to play as soon as I have upgraded my PC and installed the game and modules, I should be done with this in a couple of days.

I'm passed 60, but if anything, have some low flight hours in light aircraft and gliders but also some good knowledge of aerodynamics and aircraft flight characteristics thanks to the terrific experience of some of my instructors.

I wouldn't mind joining a "Veteran" squadron or fly with you as a wingman. I'll bookmark this page so as to remember your post.

Fly safe!

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Hi together,

I'm also from Germany (Nordrhein-Westfalen)and I would also like to participate.

I flight almost the Hornet in SP. I'm currently studying the f14b.

I've no experience in multi player, but I'm very interested.

Best regards

Azrail

Hello fellows

this is my first post here in this forum.

I'm also very interested in this group of old grognards! ;)

I'm german, I'm almost 53 years old and I live in southern bavaria.

I love the F/A-18 and the new supercarrier! But because of lack of time I'm not the best F/A-18 pilot nor do I have multiplayer-experience (but I would love to get some!).

I like to take off, try to fly in close formation and try to recover on "mother" (which I can manage most of the times). I'm still struggling with air-to-air refueling and I have only a little knowledge of the weapons and the radar so far :cry:

That's it for the moment, I would like to hear from you guys.

Happy landings,

Stefan

This is me!! I put feelers out a while back, but have really been flat out getting myself up to some semblance of basic competence so have not pursued any online stuff....but I feel that time may be approaching.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Interesting. Belgian +50 simmer here, with rusty sim-skills, I usually try to fly the Hornet, Viper, Black Shark or the Warthog. I have some multiplayer experience . I work in two shifts so that might make it difficult to attend, unless this turns into a weekend thing.

Folowing.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Hi

I'm 50 and from Scotland.

Have most modules including F/A-18 and Supercarrier.

I'm interested in flying casually, but doing things well and would like to learn to fly the Hornet better with friends.

So i am interested if English Speaking.

Thanks

Anybody interested in flying with a squad and who doesn't want to commit themselves in any way, are welcome to fly with the 159thGAR. We're a long-standing squad who used to be Russian-themed, although these days that doesn't hold what with all these fangled western machines with all their screens and complexities Our numbers have suffered of late and especially in this Covid time, for varied reasons, so we're happy to have people join in with no commitments to us.

We fly on Sundays at 20:00 UK time -although ad-hoc flights are available -although at exhorbitant cost. (Not true, actually!).

Any queries, please visit ou forums (link on my sig) or PM the boss -that's me, unfortunately!

Regards, 159thArcher.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Hi,

I am also interested in such group. I am a bit over fifty French guy and I fly since last April with AJS-37 (so I am a newbie). I am a veteran of Black Shark back in 2008 but haven't fly since many years). I really love DCS.

Hi

I'm interested in flying casually, but doing things well and would like to learn to fly the Hornet better with friends.

Thanks

If you are interested PM the person in the initial post and he will send you the details to sign up,

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Hi,

I am also interested in such group. I am a bit over fifty French guy and I fly since last April with AJS-37 (so I am a newbie). I am a veteran of Black Shark back in 2008 but haven't fly since many years). I really love DCS.

If you are interested PM the person in the initial post and he will send you the details to sign up

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Hi

Thanks

I’m from Scotland too,hard to find a local group of folk for casual flights

We have just over 10 members now so as above pm the chap on the initial post to sign up by

You might like to visit the VFA-123.

Very small german group.

Flying F14, F16, FA18 and Harrier.

Trying to be professional but no chance:helpsmilie:

Flying every wednesday at 20:00

Send a pm if you want to have a look...

Kind regards , Markuscha

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, mb4106 said:

Hi everyone

We established a small group of 4 people that regularly fly together on Wednesday or Tuesday, Friday and Sunday, 20:30 CET for about 2 hrs.

Our level is probably intermediate. Mostly, we fly missions in the F-18 or F-16, but all other planes are welcome/possible.

On Sunday, we usually have a dogfight session 2 vs. 2, just for fun. 

We are looking for other players over 50 years that would like to join us. We usually speak English, but 3 of us also speak German.

In case you are interested, please contact me.

Kind regards

Matthias