Status on various release modes

Pochi

Hello,

I am a beginner with the F18 and currently in the process of learning the aircraft referencing a few manuals and tutorial videos. However, I am having quite trouble to know what is working or not in this aircraft. Now I am learning general and GPS guided bombing and I am wondering whic release mode are currently implemented and working currently. Is auto Bombing working fine? Can we loft bombs correctly ? Can we loft JDAMs? There is no explanation in the manual.

Could some experienced users tell me the current status of the bomb release modes?

Best regards,

Pierre

Hello,

I am a beginner with the F18 and currently in the process of learning the aircraft referencing a few manuals and tutorial videos. However, I am having quite trouble to know what is working or not in this aircraft. Now I am learning general and GPS guided bombing and I am wondering whic release mode are currently implemented and working currently. Is auto Bombing working fine? Can we loft bombs correctly ? Can we loft JDAMs? There is no explanation in the manual.

Could some experienced users tell me the current status of the bomb release modes?

Best regards,

Pierre

Hello Pierre

Welcome to the F/A-18C I highly recommend you Chucks Guide, which is a fantastic guide and reference, not only for beginners.

Have also a look for the tutorials on youtube (Redkite and Spudknocker for example)

Cheers

Weasel

For JDAM and JSOW only manual release mode currently works. No auto and no loft (you can loft JDAMs manually ok but there is no release mode or cue to help you at this time)

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Thanks for advices! I will have to watch those tutorial because it is unclear to me how to use both TOO1 and TOO2 for the same station and get those 2 bombs on 2 different target. I am not using TPOD for now ( waiting for the update to come to stable) but only the waypoint designate method.

Best regards,

Pierre

Using TO is pretty simple.

Example: Drop bomb one from the station using TOO1, then use TOO2 when you need yo drop bomb two from that station.

There are a couple threads on this forum detailing how it's done. It's very straightforward.