JDAM Accuracy

Pike

I use JDAMs a lot, AG with the hornet is my go to mission, but as of late I have been having major issues with JDAM accuracy. I do both PP and with TOO/TPOD. Manuallu entering coords gives the best results, but its a gamble with the TPOD.

Some are minor misses, which would be fine if there was a functional damage model, but frequently it's not close enough to do any good even if there was splash damage.

Massive waste of time when the weapon has such a high chance of missing the target.

• ED Team

Please attach a track replay we will take a look.

We do have a JDAM issue reported already but I would like to confirm it is the same issue

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Pike. This is where I aim with Gbu38 in TOO mode + A-track to get the best results (lowest central visible point of target). If I use P-track I get relatively bad results.

Too-Jdam-aiming.jpg.fbb71e64ac51b65f3a3b1efddfce28b8.jpg

Note in this video the conditions are optimum (no wind/turbulence, tank platoon is set to not disperse under fire and shows rear aspect).

It's not always a direct hit but if not, it at least deals damage.

I will try to find the track file from yesterday, but im not sure which it is and im likely not going to watch through them to find out.

I will add that today i have dropped about 32 JDAMs and all worked as I would have expected.

If i cant find the previous file I will attach one the next time things dont seem right.

Any chance it is server specific? I tend to spend most of my time on one server, I've not been on that one today.

• ED Team

The issue we have reported is usually targets that have a higher than average elevation above sea level. If you are seeing misses with targets above sea level it is most likley related and reported already.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2