ME Trigger Help Needed

Chopper A-10

Guys, this is what I need help with.

The mission I'm working on has a bridge over a river.

When the bridge is eliminated I want to trigger a announce it with a audio message that it's been destroyed.

Since I didn't create the bride, it's not a UNIT or GROUP I can't use a trigger to confirm that it's been destroyed . . . I've put soldiers and vehicles on the bridge, they have been eliminated but that can happen without the bridge falling down.

I've hit the bridge with two JDAMs (it burns a little while) and it took a few seconds before the bridge collapsed.

Any thoughts on how I can make this work??

Thanks

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

There might be a few ways, I haven't necessarily tested these:

1 - Immortal unit on bridge, then set a trigger to detect if it moves in altitude (bridge falls)

2 - Trigger to detect bombs in zone, when enough fall in the zone, consider bridge destroyed, or use the scenery remove trigger to manually destroy the bridge.

3 - Scripting, with scripts I think you can determine if the bridge is dead.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

You can use MIST like this:

-- Create a zone around an object (bridge/building)
-- Below when bridge in zone 'Bridge11' is dead, flag 1 is set to 1
mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones{ zones = {'Bridge11'}, flag = 1, req_num = 1 }

Or without MIST:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4284948#post4284948

-- Originally Posted by Majinbot View Post

-- Without using MIST, you can use the last function of the editor. You right-click on a building/Bridge/.., the word "assign as" appears, if you click on the word, you create a trigger zone connected

-- to the building, then you have to copy the object id value, es. 123456. ADD SCRIPT:

Handler = {}
function Handler:onEvent(event)
if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD and event.IniUnitName == 123456 then
trigger.action.setUserFlag('1', true) 
end
end
world.addEventHandler(Handler)

Hi,

I used toutenglisse`s MIST-SceneryObject-destroyed.miz for A10C destroy bridge - mist.miz

Changed his Explosion with a A10C Ground attack

:thumbup: "Bridge destroyed" is working

The same without MIST - Majinbot`s Function Handler

"Bridge destroyed" isn´t working

:doh: I guess, as a noob I miss here some basic knowledge with the Triggers

A10C destroy bridge - mist.miz

A10C destroy bridge - without mist.miz

Hi,

I used toutenglisse`s MIST-SceneryObject-destroyed.miz for A10C destroy bridge - mist.miz

Changed his Explosion with a A10C Ground attack

:thumbup: "Bridge destroyed" is working

The same without MIST - Majinbot`s Function Handler

"Bridge destroyed" isn´t working

:doh: I guess, as a noob I miss here some basic knowledge with the Triggers

my mistake, when i tried the script i had loaded moose and i didn't realize that without moose it doesn't work ...

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Hi,

No problem

Thx for quick response

Now that my little girl has let me use my pc, try this it should work without moose

Handler = {}
if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD and event.initiator:getName() == 72455195 then
end
end

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Now that my little girl has let me use my pc, try this it should work without moose

Handler = {}
   if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD and event.initiator:getName() == 72455195 then
   end
end

Hi,

:thumbup: Thx, working

Edit : Test-Miz

A10C destroy 3 map objects with message - without mist.miz

Edited by Blech
MIZ

Really useful thread .. thanks for all the tips.

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Majinbot and Blech . . . you guys rock!

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for . . . will use this one in many missions to come,

thanks again!

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |