If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

Gierasimov

If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...  

383 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

• Su-27
    • F-15C

So, USSR_Rick said that we should ask the question more precisely to gauge the real interest in the red fighter. Suggested competition was Su-27 vs. F-15

Here it is then.

If you were to choose the next module - just one, full fidelity simulation, would you select Su-27 (no matter exact model) or would you select F-15C.

Let's say epic simulation for epic price.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Choosing between another Bluefor flying computer with slightly different looks, loadout and functionality, and the first full fidelity Russian/Soviet more-or-less modern plane? For me it is Su-27 without any doubt.

Sukhoi x 10!

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Choosing between another Bluefor flying computer with slightly different looks, loadout and functionality, and the first full fidelity Russian/Soviet more-or-less modern plane? For me it is Su-27 without any doubt.

My thoughts exactly. Before the EF2000 was announced I probably would have gone for a F15C too if someone made one, but a 4th-gen Sukhoi is probably on the top of my list, aside from core game features. HOWEVER, I’d be much more inclined to buy it if it isn’t being developed by ED, and if it is, only when it’s feature-complete.

Edited by Thorimus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly, I want ED to stop all development of new modules, and focus on the "world", "combat" and on the "simulation" part of DCS:W. I'm not buying more modules, I have more than enough and they are mostly incomplete for years to come.

Focus on the world, this is starting to feel like star citizen where you have a gazzilion ships and nothing to do.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Any red for plz... Fulcrum or Flanker plz

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Yeah, I agree. No debating what ED should do or what your oppinion about ED should do. Its OT IMO.

As for my preference on the matter, ofc the Flanker +100.

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Honestly, I want ED to stop all development of new modules, and focus on the "world", "combat" and on the "simulation" part of DCS:W. I'm not buying more modules, I have more than enough and they are mostly incomplete for years to come.

Focus on the world, this is starting to feel like star citizen where you have a gazzilion ships and nothing to do.

Agreed

100 % :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Full sim eastern aircraft - no question. As there are currently only 2(?), one is obsolete fighter and another is helicopter.

At the same time (if possible, of course): Su-27(?). Is there any Su-27 comparable to: F/A-18, F-16, (and incoming) F-15E, Eurofighter in terms of the capabilities?

Something like Su-30MKI would be probably more appropriate - once again, if possible.

Su-27>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>F-15C

Nothing against F-15C, good aircraft, but we need a full-fi Su-27 and/or MiG-29 aircraft badly in this game.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

My vote is for the Su-27 :thumbup: hopefully ED will listen to this plea.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I definitely put my vote on the Su-27.

I would love a "semi-modern" full-fidelity russian fighter. Preferable one that will do carrier operations. But I guess there aren't many of those; MiG-29K may be the most modern one (not including the J-15)?

In a vacuum I would pick the F-15, but considering the current available aircraft it's hard not to pick the Su-27 for those into russian jets.

Ditto. Well said. My thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

If I have understood correctly, Eagle Dynamics has about 100 workers (or then 50, don't remember exactly which one) and that probably includes even cleaners, support, accounting etc etc.

But you can't have all in the ED to work in the one task at the time:

Workers.jpg.abb2f3fcf50e244c6f6f1d8985b8b4a1.jpg

If you listen the Wags interview in Fighter Pilot Podcast you will find many answers for your demands:

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/podcast/028-air-combat-simulation-gaming/

If you as well check their roadmap for short-mid-long term planning, you will find out that they are working the AI, Dynamic Campaign, Graphics and Terrain engines etc in long term (9 months or more).

There is A LOT to be changed in the two year time period, some happens sooner and some later.

And you can't have a 3D modeler working with the AI programming, or texture artist making flight modeling or physicist/engineer designing missions.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Concur!

If I have understood correctly, Eagle Dynamics has about 100 workers (or then 50, don't remember exactly which one) and that probably includes even cleaners, support, accounting etc etc.

But you can't have all in the ED to work in the one task at the time:

[ATTACH]234693[/ATTACH]

If you listen the Wags interview in Fighter Pilot Podcast you will find many answers for your demands:

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/podcast/028-air-combat-simulation-gaming/

If you as well check their roadmap for short-mid-long term planning, you will find out that they are working the AI, Dynamic Campaign, Graphics and Terrain engines etc in long term (9 months or more).

There is A LOT to be changed in the two year time period, some happens sooner and some later.

And you can't have a 3D modeler working with the AI programming, or texture artist making flight modeling or physicist/engineer designing missions.

THIS 100%

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Having to pick one or the other is unfortunate, but in this case I'll take the F-15, as awesome as the Su-27 is. I've been waiting for it for a long time. The Blue side/Red side thing doesn't enter my mind. The F-14/16/18 aren't a F-15 and no amount of blue fighters makes its less desirable.

That said the Su-27 is also a plane I eagerly await as a full module. DCS is great for not only having popular aircraft, but also obscure ones (not that I would say the Flanker is obscure). It's a sim, it's a game, and it's a learning platform all at once.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Reddit seems more popular...

Over at hoggit more people voted than here. How strange?

Over at hoggit more people voted than here. How strange?

How is the poll over there looking? I'm not active(no account) there so i can't vote/see the result over there.

I voted for the Su-27, most sexy aircraft ever build :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings