If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

Gierasimov

If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...  

383 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to choose between Flanker and Eagle...

• Su-27
    • F-15C

Current results

How is the poll over there looking? I'm not active(no account) there so i can't vote/see the result over there.

I voted for the Su-27, most sexy aircraft ever build :thumbup:

1011 voted so far with 640 for Su-27SM

Edited by Gierasimov
Updated

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Сухой hooves down. We'll get a DCS grade F-15E already (won't argue about RAZBAM) and the Su-27 can do more than just air to air. The F-15C is honestly the absolutely last thing of FC3 that I want to have fully modelled. And after all, DCS is the legacy of Flanker. Let's have the root module that started it all. And with that, some decent redfor asset as well. Although I personally like the MiG-29 more icon_redface.gif

Over at hoggit more people voted than here. How strange?

Guess not everyone visits the OT section. On reddit, you see everything that's hot on the top regardless, but it has no structure whatsoever.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I would rather have full fidelity MiG-29, but I would buy Su-27 without hesitation too. Its definitely better than another BLUEFOR jet. We already have plenty of them.

Btw. Somebody actually made petition for more Redfor aircrafts in DCS: https://www.change.org/p/heatblur-petition-for-dcs-world-to-have-more-redfor-aircraft-7fd32867-d247-47b8-b1a6-58d427f7a009?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_15861685_en-US%3Av2&recruiter=966805240&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

We'll get a DCS grade F-15E

The E isn't quite the same. Honestly if the poll were Flanker vs Strike Eagle, my vote would change to Flanker.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Over at hoggit more people voted than here. How strange?

It might be that people around these parts - those who wander off down into this section to begin with - aren't all too excited about continually casting pointless votes anymore.

Don't get me wrong, this one has it going for it that a) it has a bit of a reasoning to it and b) it at least isn't stacked in favour of the OP's desired result right off the start, as most of the 'let us vote for what should be the next module from this vastly comprehensive list of possible projects, half of which happen to be variants of what I want'-threads do.

The E isn't quite the same. Honestly if the poll were Flanker vs Strike Eagle, my vote would change to Flanker.

Agreed :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Meaning of this poll

It might be that people around these parts - those who wander off down into this section to begin with - aren't all too excited about continually casting pointless votes anymore.

Don't get me wrong, this one has it going for it that a) it has a bit of a reasoning to it and b) it at least isn't stacked in favour of the OP's desired result right off the start, as most of the 'let us vote for what should be the next module from this vastly comprehensive list of possible projects, half of which happen to be variants of what I want'-threads do.

Yeah, the purpose is not to say which one should be next, but to show what voter want IF given option to select one or the other.

Kind of if ED said "our next module can be this one or that one, which one you want?"

This isn't to say they will ever ask us like this or give us that kind of choice. There are many factors upon which developer selects a module to develop.

People from ED on the Russian section keep repeating that western module would be more economical, in terms of return of investment, that eastern module would not sell that well.

I don't believe that. I believe Su-27 would outsell Viper and Hornet combined (more than 100k copies).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes, I keep hearing the same reasoning and quite frankly, I agree with your view that a proper Su-27 module would probably be a best-selling one.

That leaves me with the following conclusions:

a) developing the Su-27 would, for some reason, be more costly by an astronomical factor, making number of sales irrelevant

b) the real reason is something one would rather not talk about

c) some secret market research trick tells ED that the minority of users active on the various forums are by coincidence the only ones who would want it

Anyway, enough of this little detour.

Flanka.... Boom....

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I probably wouldn't download the F-15C even if it were free. The Su-27 I'd be willing to buy. Reason? I already have the F-18 and the F-18 = F-16 = F-15 for all intents and purposes.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Preference

For redfor i would prefer the Mig-29A.

That's why exactly two named jets are subject of this poll.

This isn't about what we would prefer as a new module, as this kind of poll:

A) already happened

B) would have as many different answers as many voters

It's USSR_Rik who said F15 vs. Su-27 and that's why we are selecting one or the other, not more, not less.

If it was MiG question, I would go with MiG-29K

SU 27 . We need more REDFOR .

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

That's why exactly two named jets are subject of this poll.

This isn't about what we would prefer as a new module, as this kind of poll:

A) already happened

B) would have as many different answers as many voters

It's USSR_Rik who said F15 vs. Su-27 and that's why we are selecting one or the other, not more, not less.

If it was MiG question, I would go with MiG-29K

OK .then F-15C

How's this even a question? Especially since we have half a million blue jets already, and a full fidelity F-15E will be coming anyway to complement FC3 F-15C.

Su-27 is the obvious choice. Real dream would be a Su-30 of some description, but well we all know it's not happening.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Eagle.

I remember buying the original Flanker when I was 12. It was at that point I suddenly realised I can't read Cyrillic and couldn't make sense of the cockpit. Never did master it!