Hidden Gems

wizav

Which DCS Modules you consider "Hidden Gems" in the sense that now when you have tested them you became surprised how great they are (while previously you were thinking the opposite)

This is my list:

1. DCS: F-86F Sabre by Belsimtek

By Having Mig-15 I was thinking that F-86F is basically no different, oh boy how wrong I was.

2. DCS: P-51D Mustang

I was of opinion there is nothing else to it because you get the free one TF-51 ... but weaponry

of this aircraft is really great rockets, bombs now I really think it's worth the price

3. DCS: WWII Assets Pack & Combined Arms

I always had a negative opinion about this pack but after playing with WW2 theatre and experimentation with units with combined arms and general WW2 field combat I was pleasantly surprised, A.I is still quite bad... but perspective is huge.

How about you guys?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C-101, amazing how much equipment is crammed in there for functional training, the ultimate lead in trainer in the DCS world. Outstanding in VR for a steam gauge equipped pit. Would have never looked twice, now I'm going to grab two. Have two machines, and need a trainer, already have the L-39, but this one blows it away with western avionics and weapons delivery systems. Seems to have better pep for delivering gifts too. Visibility from the rear seat to front is incredibly good for a twin. When multicrew gets sorted this little jet shall shine.

That would be C-101 for me. I'm amazed by how much detailed Aviodev crammed into this little module. One simple and most obvious example would be the fact that they created a 3D model for ground power unit with sounds.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I think you should give a try for mi-8 (or uh-1) choppers. These machines are so much "other", but still fun and well made overall. They looks a bit weird (and cockpit of mi-8 are WEIRDEST lol), but so much satisfactory after your first land or first hover.

BTW there are big chance that you might learn something new by playing copters.