[NO BUG]ZA: Engine RPM decreasing on trigger-pull...

D4n

See trackfile (Persian Gulf), after I launched both missiles. Trigger isn't linked to engine-management, afaik...

EngineRPM decrease on throttle.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

See trackfile (Persian Gulf), after I launched both missiles. Trigger isn't linked to engine-management, afaik...

IIRC it's meant to be like that when firing the gun, as a measure to cope with gun smoke ingestion

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

It is linked, if you turn your Cannon GS to on.

If you press your trigger the engine will go to idle while you shoot your cannon to avoid your engine to ingest smokes from the cannon.

If you press your trigger the engine will go to idle while you shoot your cannon to avoid your engine to ingest smokes from the cannon.

Wow o_o and no single other jet aircraft in the world has those linked? And they don't suffer any engine-damage, afaik... :huh:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow o_o and no single other jet aircraft in the world has those linked? And they don't suffer any engine-damage, afaik... :huh:

The F-5E has the below system:

"The F-5Е is armed with two 20-mm М39-А3 cannons with 280 rounds per each cannon. The cannons are located in the nose section, forward of the cockpit. Special deflectors are used to avoid compressor stall conditions caused by hot gas ingestion as a bi-product of operating the M-39-A3. Each cannon is capable of firing at a rate of 1500 to 1700 rounds per minute."

An A-10 in the flight test program experienced double engine flame-out because of ingestion of gun gas.

Any idea if it managed to in-flight restart them, or one of them? :cry:

Any idea if it managed to in-flight restart them, or one of them? :cry:

Problem is the situation, in which planes is while flame out happen.

When you firing you cannon in A-10 in most cases you are quite low, and vulnerable to enemy fire, flaming out both engines in that situation may be problematic :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

In fact in the L39 the system is in the electronics package not in the gun itself. It still drops the rpm back when you pull the trigger even when the gun is out of ammo. Plus whenever the rpms drop below 80% the engine will "hunt" or not hold a fixed rpm, leading to porpoising in the pitch axis. Below 80% is not good for L39 smooth operation. Need less than 80%? goto idle.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

below 80% the engine will "hunt"

This hunting for RPM is something I've been wondering for a long time. Does the real A/C do that as well, or is it just a modelling "feature"?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

In the A-10 engine igniters are turned on when pulling the trigger to avoid a possible shutdown.

Hot gas ingestion is a thing.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

This hunting for RPM is something I've been wondering for a long time. Does the real A/C do that as well, or is it just a modelling "feature"?

The real aircraft does it, it's due to the closing/opening of the HPC stage V (74-76%) and III (86-89%) air bleed valves of the AI-25TL Turbofan.

AFAIK the HPC bleed valves are initially open (to unload the force of excess air in the compressor) and close as engine RPM increases.

AgentJayZ, AI-25 Engine Strip Down - Bleed Valves:

Edited by Ramsay
add video link

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...