LHD JUAN CARLOS I (L61) MOD

Hi,

Thanks for this superb Mod.

I encountered a problem when trying to activate an existing mission that was using the L61 and F105 frigates from a preceding version of the Mod.

However, the new version 3.2, which includes very interesting new ships, cannot recognize the "old" L61 and F105 ships in my existing missions.

The Mission Editor, says it needs the "F105" and the "L61", after I uninstalled the old L61 pack, and subsequently installed the new 3.2 pack.

Which means that I have to modify in the ME every mission that uses older versions of the ships , i.e., deleteing the ships individually, then replacing them one by one.

I have several missions with huge armadas in the Persian Gulf, involving over 50 ships, that include several instances of the superb F100, F105 and L61.

Would it be possible to update the installer of 3.2 so that the ME editor recognizes the new versions of the ships, without modifying each mission individually ?

Thanks for your superb work.

Fly low... sail fast....

Nice to see the Australian ships.

Will donate if and when a non-exe OVGME or zip package is released. Some of my squadron mates refuse to install exe mods, so I can't use this in my missions.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Then just upload the folder desdemicabina from your mods folder to Mega or Google Drive and share the link to the extracted folder with your friends.

Mega is giving for free 50 Gb of space to share.

No reason to not enjoy this mod, apart from beeing 100% safe, but thats another thing.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Then just upload the folder desdemicabina from your mods folder to Mega or Google Drive and share the link to the extracted folder with your friends.

No reason to not enjoy this mod, apart from beeing 100% safe, but thats another thing.
That's true.
I'm not complaining, the developers have taken the their stand, and that's their prerogative, (and I do have donated).
But IMHO a better solution would be either to make it mod manager compatible, or at least use a (better) common install shield that will let you extract the files directly from the exe. The current install shield, I've never even heard about. It's free though, but even if you install the free one, you can not use it to re-stract packages made with it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Will donate if and when a non-exe OVGME or zip package is released. Some of my squadron mates refuse to install exe mods, so I can't use this in my missions.
Just do like@Esac_mirmidon suggests, and make a mod manager capable package, either through OVGME, or its successor Open Mod Manager, (same developer,@sedenion) . OMM's latest version was released yesterday with Web repository functionality. So if you're part of a group you can host all your mods for easy access to all members. Of course you might be doing this already with OvGME.
Cheers!

I can understand some doubts about unknown .exe files sources but this Team is around us for some time now and its not only me saying is 100% safe and trusted.

Literally hundreds of users have extracted the files from the .exe flawlessly. So just enjoy the mod. Dont worry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I can understand some doubts about unknown .exe files sources but this Team is around us for some time now and its not only me saying is 100% safe and trusted.

Literally hundreds of users have extracted the files from the .exe flawlessly. So just enjoy the mod. Dont worry.
Yes, I agree with that. And I was never worried.
If you can directly extract the files with an "unpacking" program now, that's supercool, and that's news to me as you couldn't do that in the previous version. As far as I know. I tried several "unpackers".
For me it's a little pain to run the installer, copy the files, uninstall and make package for my mod manager. One need that if ones gonna report bugs or issues without having the moderators reminding you "No mods".
So I currently don't use it.
But it is what is, and the developers have taken a stand. No problem for me!
Cheers!

1 hour ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

This is not the point of the objection to having the file as an exe file. Files on web sites are sometimes tampered with and the web site owner doesn't know about it. Also, files can be tampered with "in-flight" when downloaded. This is computer security 101 type stuff.

We all totally trust the makers of the mod - that is not the issue. The issue is that the mod is being distributed as an exe file that if tampered with can deploy a malware payload to the executing computer without the knowledge of the operator.

I have no issues with the exe as a distribution method. Providing a hash for comparison would go a long way to quell the worries of some of the people in this thread. I posted how to do that earlier in the thread.

I don't expect this exe to be a big threat vector but that doesn't mean a little "best practice" would hurt - especially on an inherently broken platform like Windows.

$0.02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 6:57 AM, ruprecht said:

I've tried to but the team said No for their reasons.

Don't insist cause it won't happen.
The team appreciates every donation , and will be very pleased to receive yours if you are happy with the content and want more.

Not because you agree with the way its packed ✌️
We have our jobs (aviation related or not) for profit and this is just a hobbie that started creating content for friends and for fun not asking for a single €.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, reece146 said:

This is not the point of the objection to having the file as an exe file. Files on web sites are sometimes tampered with and the web site owner doesn't know about it. Also, files can be tampered with "in-flight" when downloaded. This is computer security 101 type stuff.

We all totally trust the makers of the mod - that is not the issue. The issue is that the mod is being distributed as an exe file that if tampered with can deploy a malware payload to the executing computer without the knowledge of the operator.

I have no issues with the exe as a distribution method. Providing a hash for comparison would go a long way to quell the worries of some of the people in this thread. I posted how to do that earlier in the thread.

I don't expect this exe to be a big threat vector but that doesn't mean a little "best practice" would hurt - especially on an inherently broken platform like Windows.

$0.02

I've packed that mod several times and is nothing bad related in the process.
It's A Great Time To Be A Programmer In Singapore Now - Vulcan Post
101 type stuff is kinda nutts ( if you allow me ).

They have said "NO".
End of the topic.

Enjoy if you install it or dont if you dont ! 

Happy Fuel flow to everyone !

Edited by Gone1Crazy
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 7/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, Esac_mirmidon said:

The EULA you accepted  during  the install process will not agree so much with that statement!✌️

Edited by Gone1Crazy
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then just dont use It.

I will. Its awesome

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I have made an edited version of the moose.lua that includes the L61 Juan Carlos as an Airboss capable carrier, along with the new USS America LHA-6.

Short video of it in use, setup at the moment to use spot 5 for landing, but this can be changed if needed. The videos I have seen has them using spot 5.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I know that this is not an important point, and probably it's because I'm not a native english speaker, but I used the word "ask" in the sense that on the Webpage there is a Donation button with the label "Give support with a donation" ... of course, the Mod is free and the visitor can donate or not .. else I would have used the word "request" instead of "ask"  🙂

Hi I've downloaded this file but I don't know how to install ity?

44 minutes ago, Greg504221 said:

Hi I've downloaded this file but I don't know how to install ity?

just run the installer that cames with the download, this is one of very few mods that includes an installer.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...