Justifying $ for simming

rocketeer

You guys are killing me in this thread, funny stuff!

I've been in my relationship with my wife for 10 yrs now (married three this Valentines Day). She understands my hobbies and lets me run with it, she has hers and I do the same. It all comes down to leverage in our relationship, like just recently I was going to spend some of my B-day money on our new house even though I've been killing for a set of Logitech Z5500 speakers for years. She said so long as she gets her new stove get the speakers........ not what I'd call an even trade off but she did!

I take it easy on purchases and much of my simming set-up has come in the way of gifts and really smokin deals. Now that I want to upgrade my 4 yr old PC the real test is coming. Hell my other hobby is riding BMX bikes and she long ago accepted that I'm a nerd so I'm free and clear. So long as you spend the time/cash with the better half its just another hobby. As for cash "diamonds today keep the wallet watcher away!"

well now! we have another one!

Hey HHFL,

As you indicate, such relationships are give-and-take affairs. She give me shid and I take it! :eek: I've gone from "yes dear" to "yes ma'am"! She's had the advantage ever since she velcroed my b@lls! Last I saw them she was heading for the freezer!:lol:

Seriously, as an older guy I want to tell you younger types to remember to think about your retired self. Not to be pushy about it, just to say I hope you guys plan now to live well when you retire. Maybe you'll be able to retire early, but plan for it now just to help ensure that your older self lives as you want.

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

My wife dosen't know im hiding down here in the basement, she thinks I work 24/7 like a good husband should and im honestly putting away all the hard earned cash away for a healthy retirement fund while her hard earned cash pays for our social life.:thumbup:

My grand master plan is working a treat , I can purchase what ever gadgets I want for my PC and can spend as much time as needed to abuse them.:D

But I haven't thought it through properly, when I devised this plan I was younger and believed in the notion 'better to burn out than fade away' but now im getting on - I don't wanna die - but when my wife finds out I wont burn out ill probably get my love plums removed from my body.:helpsmilie:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

on the other hand...

ya know why men die before their wives? Because they want to!!:megalol: (my wife hates that joke)

Flyby

ps I just found out that I'm allowed to buy a GeForce 4600 graphics card. Isn't that a legacy card from the early ninties...:( and do they still make the 486 processor? Wife says i can have one of those too.:cry: So who told on me?:mad:

wow you can get a 486. man Im still dealing with my 286 and a 1/2 mb ram. but I do have a 100mb hard drive.:tomato: (did I just date myself):doh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

My wife dosen't know im hiding down here in the basement, she thinks I work 24/7 like a good husband should and im honestly putting away all the hard earned cash away for a healthy retirement fund while her hard earned cash pays for our social life.:thumbup:

Carefull, dont over do it. you could become a guy, like we say here, "with a warm bed". :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

you mean...

wow you can get a 486. man Im still dealing with my 286 and a 1/2 mb ram. but I do have a 100mb hard drive.:tomato: (did I just date myself):doh:

CAT, you had a 100mb hdd?! :eek: I had a 10mb hdd, and three floppies (the ones the size of a dinner plate). And I had to rely on my imagination because the wife wouldn't let me buy a monitor! :fear:

Flyby out