how to calculate landing speeds

dave76

one thing i do not find anywhere...is there a way to calculate takeoff and landing speeds for the weight/configuration? sure i refer to aoa index for landing but i wonder if there is a precalculated speed value.......

thank you:(:(

Edited by dave76

Is there an easy way to see the aircraft weight?

Not in flight aside from mentally adding everything up (ZFW, current fuel, stores), on ground just open the rearm screen.

Generally at landing you will have no stores remaining and min fuel so pretty easy to determine per Steph21's post above, but honestly just place the FMP at the top of the staple - which is in the middle of the 5 deg lines placed on the landing spot. The Viper is crazy easy to land.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, there's no reason to calculate a landing speed because the AoA index replaces that.

Technically there is a reason: Cross-checking the AoA indexer to make sure everything is correct.

But given this is the virtual world where nothing fails and crashing comes with zero consequence, there isn't much reason for us armchair pilots to do it.