New Kuznetsov and Arleigh Burke features?

vanir

Mainly Kuznetsov, just to whet my appetite I'm guessing it will have some differences not just the external model to the one currently in free version?

More aircraft parks? What other differences?

I get the supercarrier will be amazing, just wondering about the other two ships and what features those have :D

For the Arleigh Burke Flt. IIA I'm hoping that at some point, the Standard's secondary AShM capability is implemented (in the same way that the AWG-9's pulse-STT can lock ships, allowing you to fire AIM-7s and AIM-54s semi-actively at ships - super limited I know, but used IRL and better than nothing).

Depending on what year they model, I'm also hoping for the RIM-162 ESSM and RIM-174A Standard ERAM.

For the Kuznetsov? I don't know, maybe a minor visual enhancement to the 9M311 and 9M330? One thing I'm also hoping for are animations for its UDAV-1 ASW rocket launcher (kinda like fitted for but not yet implemented) and maybe later have the system functional with its ASW rockets implemented; seeing as submarines are now a thing.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If I recall correctly, back in the old Flaming Clifs days of LOMAC, the Kuznetzov had functional retractable chocks for the landing gear when you hit the U key while sitting on one of the launch points, much like the Stennis now. They would pop up and lock you in place while the JBD came up and once you came up to full power, they would retract and off you'd go. I believe that I saw these mentioned in a news letter or some kind of hype literature for the new Kuznetzov a while back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi all,

retractable blocks and JBD working correctly on Kuznetzov, but we can not release these assets until the full SC release is made as it needs code from the super carrier to work correctly.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks!

Hi all,

retractable blocks and JBD working correctly on Kuznetzov, but we can not release these assets until the full SC release is made as it needs code from the super carrier to work correctly.

thanks

Do you happen to know or maybe can find out what happened to the idea of these folks on the deck?

Kuznetsov01.jpg

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If I recall correctly, back in the old Flaming Clifs days of LOMAC, the Kuznetzov had functional retractable chocks for the landing gear when you hit the U key while sitting on one of the launch points, much like the Stennis now. They would pop up and lock you in place while the JBD came up and once you came up to full power, they would retract and off you'd go. I believe that I saw these mentioned in a news letter or some kind of hype literature for the new Kuznetzov a while back.

Not really - they worked as you describe, but IIRC the blocks were part of the aircraft 3D model(the same applied along with the ladder when in parked state) and just made to appear/vanish via visibility animation.

For proper implementation they should of course be part of the Kuznetsov model.

For the Arleigh Burke Flt. IIA I'm hoping that at some point, the Standard's secondary AShM capability is implemented (in the same way that the AWG-9's pulse-STT can lock ships, allowing you to fire AIM-7s and AIM-54s at ships).

Depending on what year they model, I'm also hoping for the RIM-162 ESSM and RIM-174A Standard ERAM.

The published screenshots of the Arleigh Burke showed it as the DDG-112 "Michael Murphy", which IIRC was commissioned in 2012 - i.e. a late Flt. IIA variant with the modified funnels, one Phalanx installation + RIM-162.

I believe RIM-174A was installed from around 2011, so the DDG-112 would probably have that too.

Implementing AShM mode for Standard missiles would probably also be a good idea, since Flt. IIA ships don't have Harpoon launchers :) .

Edited by Seaeagle

The published screenshots of the Arleigh Burke showed it as the DDG-112 "Michael Murphy", which IIRC was commissioned in 2012 - i.e. a late Flt. IIA variant with the modified funnels, one Phalanx installation + RIM-162.

I believe RIM-174A was installed from around 2011, so the DDG-112 would probably have that too.

Implementing AShM mode for Standard missiles would probably also be a good idea, since Flt. IIA ships don't have Harpoon launchers :) .

Interesting...

I'm really starting to wonder about the hodge-podge of "eras" here, so we have an 07 hornet and 2012 era destroyer, and some "year" versions of the Kuz and Stennis. The F14B is from the 90's as is the SU-33, AFAIK. So NavAir in DCS is smeared over a 30 year period? I wonder about the rest of ships.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi all,

thanks

Hello. Can the aircraft (player or AI) on the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov be born in parking lots, and not at launch positions. And will it be possible to choose a position for take-off? Sorry for my bad english. Thank.

I will explain. In reality, the plane from the duty link is at the first starting position, and all the main aircraft take off from the third starting position.

__5.jpg

RussianFleetSyria.jpg

Hello. Can the aircraft (player or AI) on the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov be born in parking lots, and not at launch positions. And will it be possible to choose a position for take-off? Sorry for my bad english. Thank.

I will explain. In reality, the plane from the duty link is at the first starting position, and all the main aircraft take off from the third starting position.

I wondered about that. I saw this behaviour in footage of kuznetsov launches and wondered what did it mean. Thank you for answering it :)

Also thank you to BIGNEWY, I'm happy Kuznetsov needs the SC coding to run and has some features. This is going to be such a cool module :)

• ED Team

Hi all

The new Kuznetzov is an all new model, but functions are same as old, some parking tweaks have been made, but it has no deck crew for example. That is a feature of the US super carriers.

The Arleigh Burke is like the other AI ships, it has its offensive and defensive weapons, and a helipad.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

can we keep the discussion on thread on topic please,

thank you

Hi all

can we keep the discussion on thread on topic please,

thank you

No offense, and once again I'm going out on a limb and maybe just maybe you can appreciate that from a customers perspective.

Respectfully, I'm pretty sure the actual Burke and the Nimitz have actual ECM suites, can deploy countermeasures, can maneuver and deploy CM in real life. Moreover I'm sure they have multiple tracking radars, damage control, fleet position keeping and so forth. Maybe can we get some clarification from ED when those naval features will be coming if ever?

I understand that ED is very proud of what they have managed to do to bring the SC module to life, and I for one am happy for those efforts, but please understand from the perspective of the player base there is a long way to go for a realistic "naval combat" simulation, and really I'm not even asking about ASW, or Anti-ship stuff, just the basic anti air stuff.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Actually, in relation to the weapons loadout on the Arleigh Burke, I wonder if we'll ever get the ability to manually define what's loaded in the VLS cells?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

As mentioned the Arleigh Burke and Kuznetzov have new models, and parking tweaks, but they are essentially the same as other ships already in DCS.

They have the usually offensive and defensive capability as it is in game now for cruisers and the current Kuznetzov.